Home Remedies for Oily Skin
Oily skin, very often becomes the base for pimples, scars and ugly blackheads. Medication for the treatment of this cause is available in plenty, in the market but they often fail to serve the purpose. Also, they burn a big hole in the pocket and never live up to their promises. However, there are certain cost effective home remedies which help control the oil in the skin and prevent any kind of eruptions on the skin. Here are some solutions which are very helpful for people with oily skin.
- A paste of 2 tbsp of wheat flour when applied in an upward motion on the face and washed after 15 minutes helps remove excess oil from the skin.
- Mix two teaspoons of raw milk, cucumber juice and few drops of lemon. With a cotton ball, apply the solution on the face and leave to dry. Then, wash with water and pat dry
- Grind two to three teaspoons of fenugreek ( methi ) seeds which have been soaked overnight into a paste, then rub on the face. Once it dries, wash with cool water. This paste helps remove blackheads. Methi also helps remove excess oil from your skin.
- Soak two to three teaspoons of whole masoor dal (red gram) overnight. Grind into a paste and apply on your face. Once it dries, wash your face with cold water and pat dry. It gives the same effect as methi.
- Squeeze out the juice from a grinded cucumber. Apply the juice on your face and leave to dry. Then wash with water and pat dry. It helps refresh and tighten your skin.