Natural Benefits Of Curd/Yogurt
Curd or yogurt is the most valuable therapeutic foods. It has several health benefits associated with it. Some of its benefits are as follows:
- Consumption of curd aids in smooth digestion.
- The bacteria in curd make the skin soft and glowing. Also it helps counteract the ill effects of the scorching sun.
- A mixture of oatmeal flour and yogurt has been found effective in making the skin fairer and softer.
- Curd is also considered valuable in conditioning the hair. It makes the hair soft, healthy and strong.
- Massaging oneâ€™s hair with curd helps prevent dandruff.
- Curd is valuable in the treatment of insomnia. The patient should take plenty of curd and massage it on the head. This will induce sleep.
- Curd is very helpful in the treatment of several gastro intestinal disorders, and also reduces dryness in the stomach.
- Curd is very helpful in curing illnesses like jaundice.
- Curd has been associated with longevity. Taking sufficient curd in the daily diet could prevent premature old age and decay.
- The use of curd in the form of buttermilk is highly beneficial in the treatment of obstinate skin disorders such as psoriasis and eczema.
In order to enjoy these several benefits do not forget to add curd in your diet.
Curd/Yogurt Diet Plan
- Curd diet helps in weight loss but it does not mean that one should only eat curd throughout the day in order to lose weight.
- Curd can be eaten with other combination of foods such as for breakfast one can eat yogurt with some low calorie fruits such as apples, for lunch one may eat yogurt with salad and during dinner one can eat yogurt with steamed rice along with salad .
- While following a yogurt diet, one should keep in mind that no more than four servings of the yogurt should be taken per day.
- Yogurt is added to the normal diet to induce weight loss. If you are eating cereals with milk in your breakfast, you may replace milk with yogurt.
- Cereals are rich in fiber and low fat yogurt with cereals rich in fiber can make a good combination.
- You can add apple and nuts along with yogurt in order to make your breakfast more nutritious. You can also add yogurt in meat or chicken prior to cooking.
- In order to add yogurt to hot dishes you may also take a bowl, add yogurt and cornflour to it. Add this mixture to a dish when it is just about to cooked.
5 Reasons to Eat Curd/Yogurt
- Yogurt contains 40% of calcium in it and it is considered as a better provider of calcium rather than milk. People who do not get required amount of calcium, suffer from osteoporosis and weak bones/ teeth.
- Yogurt prevents and cures us from yeast infection. Many women experience yeast infection as a common problem. Yeast infection occurs when fungus multiplies and it is found in the vagina. This leads to extreme pain and discomfort. Therefore, a cup of yogurt helps in preventing yeast infection
- The same bacteria which prevents yeast infection also strengthen the immune system. In order to increase the level of protein in our body eat yogurt twice a day for about four months.
- Yogurt also helps in regulating the digestive system. It contains heavy bacteria in it which helps the stomach to digest the food properly.
- Yogurt prevents from ulcers. Ulcers are very painful and they are caused by harmful bacteria which reside in the stomach. Many people take antibiotics in order to treat ulcers but it is very expensive. With the help of yogurt one can keep these harmful bacteria under control.