Wheatgrass: A Miraculous Medicine
Wheatgrass is considered to be a miraculous plant. It is classified among one of the best super-foods known to humankind. But the main question is: Why wheatgrass is considered to be the complete and ultimate food for human beings?
What is Wheat Grass?
Wheat grass is rich source of vitamins, minerals, amino acids, enzymes and all the essential nutrients required for healthy living. As everyone knows tender and young plants of wheat seed are known as wheatgrass. To be very much specific, young wheat seed sprouts of 1-2 weeks age are usually used for health purpose. When wheatgrass reaches a height of 20-12cm they are harvested. This harvested wheat grass is consumed in the form of juice or dried powder.
Why Wheatgrass is a Miraculous Medicine? Its Nutritional Facts:
Tender and young wheatgrass is considered to be the richest source of Amino Acids, Vitamin A, C, E, Iron, Magnesium and Flavonoids. Nutritional value of approximately 2.5 pounds of fresh vegetables is equivalent to 1 ounce of fresh wheatgrass juice. Besides the above mentioned nutrients wheatgrass also contains Chlorophyll, Agropyrene and Apigenin. Wheatgrass also has abundant antibiotic, anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
According to the nutritional analysis of 100gms of fresh wheatgrass juice carried by Irvine Analytical Laboratories, Inc. contains
Minerals in wheat grass
Vitamins in wheat grass
|Calories: 21.0 Cal||Iron: 0.61mg||Vitamin C: 3.64mg|
|Water: 95g||Magnesium: 24mg||Vitamin A: 427 IU|
|Fat: 0.06g||Potassium: 147mg||Vitamin B1: 0.08mg|
|Carbohydrates: 2.0g||Phosphorous: 75.2mg||Vitamin B2: 0.13mg|
|Dietary Fiber: <0.1g||Zinc: 0.33mg||Vitamin B3: 0.11mg|
|Chlorophyll: 42.2mg||Calcium: 24.2mg||Vitamin B5: 6.0mg|
|Choline: 92.4mg||Sodium: 10.3mg||Vitamin B6: 0.2mg|
|Glucose: 0.80g||Selenium: <1ppm||Vitamin B12: <1mcg|
|Vitamin E: 15.2IU|
|Folic Acid: 29mcg|
Wheat Grass Health Benefits:
Above mentioned information proves that wheatgrass is natural, powerful and complete food supplement. The best way to experience
wheat grass health benefits
is to consume it in the form of fresh juice. But make sure that you consume wheatgrass juice within 3hrs of its preparation as it may loose its medicinal value. Some of health benefits of wheatgrass juice which you could enjoy with its regular consumption are listed below:
- Wheatgrass juice is an ultimate energizing health drink.
- It is effective in enriching blood and curing various blood disorders.
- It is efficient in reducing blood pressure.
- Wheatgrass juice is highly beneficial and potent aid for weight loss.
- Effective in eliminating body odors.
- Enhances immune system and helps in quick healing of wounds.
- It acts as astringent and effective skin cleanser. Hence beneficial in lightening skin scars.
- It is helpful in restoring the natural luster, shine and bounce in the hair. It is also beneficial in curing dandruff problems.
- Small amount of wheatgrass juice daily prevents tooth decay.
- Because of its high fiber content it is effective in treating constipation and other bowel problems.
- It acts as master cleanser for liver.
- Its antibacterial property checks the growth of bad bacteria.
- Chlorophyll is beneficial in curing blood sugar disorders.
- In some cases it is also beneficial in restoring fertility.
- Helpful in elimination of heavy metals and other toxic materials from body.
- Prevents premature graying of hair.
Truly wheatgrass is a miraculous medicine. You wish to grow wheatgrass at your home? Check this link for complete information about growing wheatgrass: How to Grow Wheat Grass