Treat your Dandruff Natural Way
Dandruff is very common scalp problem faced by most of the people around the world. Dandruff can be defined as a skin condition where you can observe white scales or flakes between your hairs. The main reason behind dandruff is infection in your scalp. Other possible factors causing dandruff are constipation, improper dietary intake, harsh shampoos, tension, etc.
You need not worry as dandruff can be easily cured and controlled. Dandruff can be treated with medications or various natural and home remedies available. Clear your dandruff with the help of natural remedies listed below:
Aromatherapy for Dandruff:
Various combinations of aromatic or essential oils can treat you dandruff effectively. Herbalist Jeanne Rose, Chairperson, National Association for Holistic Aroma Therapy, San Francisco suggests a gentle massage with aromatic oils after shampooing your hairs. After washing your hair with anti-dandruff shampoo, let them completely dry. Gently massage your dry hair with a combination of few drops of lemon and rosemary essential oils. With the help of soft brush, brush your hair.
Food Therapy for Dandruff:
Besides using anti-dandruff shampoos for curing dandruff you also need to take proper diet. According to Dr. Klaper dandruff is nothing but the dried oil and thick secretion of skin which flakes out. You can easily clean up dandruff from your scalp by consuming healthy and balanced diet. You need to avoid junk foods, heavy plant oils and animal fats. Increase your consumption of good fats present in seeds and nuts. Gradually your dandruff problem will be cured.
Ayurveda for Dandruff:
According to David Frawley, O.M.D, Director, American Institute of Vedic Studies, Santa Fe, New Mexico, blocked circulation can also lead to dandruff. He suggests a gentle scalp massage with sesame oil for 10-15 minutes before taking head bath. In Ayurvedic remedy fenugreek herb is considered to highly beneficial for curing dandruff. Dr. Frawley recommends consuming fenugreek cooked or 1 tsp mixed with honey.
Mineral and Vitamin Therapy for Dandruff:
Vitamin and mineral supplement is also beneficial in getting rid of dandruff. Vitamin and mineral supplement promotes healthy regeneration of scalp hence proves to be effective in curing dandruff. Try to consume flaxseed oil, as it is rich source of vitamins and minerals. Flaxseed oil is also available in the form of capsules. 3 flaxseed capsules are equivalent to 1 tsp of flaxseed oil.
Homeopathy for Dandruff:
There various homeopathic medications which can be helpful in curing your dandruff problem. In case your dandruff is thick and you are experiencing burning sensation on your scalp then you should try sulphur.
Effective Home Remedies for Dandruff:
Besides alternative natural remedies for treating dandruff there are various effective home remedies available for dandruff. Some of the most simple and effective home remedies for curing your dandruff problem are listed below:
- 15-20 minutes before your head wash gently massage your scalp with Aloe Vera gel and leave it for 10-15 minutes. Then with a mild shampoo wash your hair. It is proven that Aloe Vera gel highly effective in curing dandruff problem.
- In warm coconut oil mix 2 lemon juices and with this mixture gently massage your scalp. Leave it for at least 2 hours, and then wash it off with a mild shampoo. It is better that if you repeat this step at least thrice in a week.
- Soak at least 2 tbsp of fenugreek seeds overnight and make a fine paste next morning. Apply this paste on your scalp and leave it for Â½ an hour. Show it off with the help of a mild shampoo. This home remedy is quite effective in controlling dandruff.
- One of the most common home remedy for dandruff is to soak few Margosa leaves in water. Filter the water and use this water to rinse your hair after shampooing.
- After washing your hair with mild shampoo rinse them with vinegar. Cover your hair with the help of a shower cap for at least 20-15 minutes and rinse thoroughly with water. Vinegar helps in loosening the stickiness that holds the dandruff onto the hair shaft.
- Massage your scalp and hair nicely with olive oil and leave it for 8-10 hours. You can wash your hair with a mild shampoo afterwards. This is another effective home remedy for dandruff.
For more information about home remedies for dandruff: Cure Dandruff at Home.