Effective Home Remedies for Oily Hair
Are you frustrated with your hair because every time you wash your hair after few hours they look greasy and oily? You are alone facing problem of oily hair but there are millions of people out there under same situation. Secretion of oil from scalp is a normal phenomenon. Basically the oil so secreted is to protect your hair from breaking and to nourish your scalp. But in case of oily hair there is over-secretion of oil from the glands.
Home Remedies for Oily Hair:
Listed below are few effective home remedies to treat your oily hair:
- You can prepare a homemade astringent. For this you need to mix equal parts of witch hazel and mouthwash. With the help of a cotton wool apply this mixture on your scalp. If your hair is too oily then you can use this home remedy every time you wash your hair.
- Baby powder also acts as an effective home remedy for oily hair. You simply need to sprinkle little baby powder on your hair and allow it to stand for 5 minutes. Gently comb your hair.
- You can prepare rinse at home which can remove the excess oil from your hair. To a quart of distilled water add juice of 2 lemons. After shampooing your hair give your hair last rinse with this mixture.
- Another effective homemade rinse is: to 1 cup of water mix 2 tbsp of white vinegar.
- To few cups of water mix shot glass full of alcohol. Thoroughly rinse your hair with this mixture.
- You can even prepare effective oily hair shampoo at home. Add Â½ tsp of Aloe Vera gel to mild shampoo and 1 tbsp of lemon juice. Mix them thoroughly and wash your hair with this mixture. Gently massage your scalp and rinse it thoroughly with water.
- Take 2 tbsp of dried spearmint, 2 tbsp of dried peppermint, 1 tbsp of dried sage and 1 cup of water in a pan. Allow this mixture to boil and steep in a pan for at least 20-25 minutes. Then to this mixture add 2/3rd cup of baby shampoo and remaining water. This is an effective herbal homemade shampoo for oily hair.
- You can prepare special herbal conditioner for your oily hair at home. To prepare homemade conditioner you need 1/4th cup of glycerin, 2 tbsp of liquid lecithin, Â¼ of sage, 1/4th cup of honey, 1/3rd cup of hot water and 2 tbsp of dried buttermilk powder. In a pan mix hot water and sage and allow it to rest for 10 minutes. Strain it and to the liquid add all the ingredients and mix thoroughly. Apply this conditioner on freshly shampooed hair and allow it to rest for few minutes. With warm water rinse your hair thoroughly.
- You can even use tea decoction to rinse your hair. But make sure that you use diluted tea for rinsing. Tannic acid present in tea acts as astringent and removes excess oil.
- Its better not to use conditioner. In case your hair dries out at the end then apply a little homemade conditioner.