Get Over a Hangover with Home Remedies
Partied hard last night and now are troubled with dizziness?? Hangovers have become common among party lovers. Hangover can be defined as bodily response to excess alcohol consumption. The intensity with which body reacts varies from person to person and it is not necessary that everyone who boozes gets hangover. Some of the common hangover symptoms are listed below:
- Bloodshot eyes
- Severe headache
- Thirst and dry mouth
- Sour stomach
In case you come across such a situation then donâ€™t panic. Hangovers can be handled effectively with simple and easy home remedies. Some of the effective home remedies for hangovers are listed below:
- Alcohol mainly has a dehydrating effect, hence make sure that you drink plenty of water before going to bed. You can even drink any oral re-hydrating solution or sports drink to replace electrolytes, fluids and glucose.
- To raise blood sugar levels make sure that you drink fruit juice. Fruit juices help in effective recovery from hangovers. Citrus fruits juices are the best options.
- In case you are suffering from sour stomach then it is better not to drink citrus fruit juice as it may worsen your condition. You can drink non-acidic juice like that of tomato or apple.
- For quick recovery from hangover symptoms eat lot of bananas.
- Strong coffee without milk and sugar is highly effective and proven home remedy to over a hangover. If you add a dash of lemon to your coffee it will increase its effectiveness.
- Ginger is another effective agent to get over hangover. You can drink ginger tea or ginger ale. In case you opt for ginger tea then add orange juice or lemon juice with honey.
- To relieve from hangover symptoms you can make non-alcoholic toddy of hot water, lemon juice and honey. Make sure that you drink this toddy several times in a day.
These were some of the most effective and tested home remedies to get relief from the symptoms of hangover. In case the symptoms are severe then it is advisable to consult your physician immediately.