Control Hair Fall with Yoga
With such hectic and stressful life, hair fall or hair loss has become a common problem faced by people. There are large numbers of products or medications which promise to control hair fall or hair loss effectively. But once you stop using these products or medication your hair starts falling again. Hence itâ€™s better to stick to natural remedies to control hair loss.
Have you ever thought that yoga can be effective natural remedy to control hair loss? Yes you heard it right, â€œYoga for Hair Fallâ€. Yoga postures are the least expensive and effective way to control hair loss. Yoga and meditation are beneficial in reducing daily stress and trauma you undergo. Hence directly influences your hair growth process. Some of the most common yoga postures performed for controlling hair fall are listed below:
- Kapalbharti Pranayam
- Camel Pose
- Downward Facing Dog
- Shoulder Stand
- Standing Forward Bend
The above mentioned yoga postures enhance blood circulation specifically in head and reduces the stress levels. Besides these yoga postures there are other natural ways you need to follow for healthy growth of your hair. Some of the important natural ways are listed below:
- Make sure that you eat healthy and balanced diet. Try to include lots of fresh fruits, vegetables, sprouts, dairy products, fish, eggs, pulses and cereals.
- Make a point that you give massage therapy to your scalp at least twice a week. Gentle scalp massage with your fingertips enhances blood circulation hence improves hair growth.
- For massage therapy it is advisable to use lukewarm coconut oil, margosa oil, olive oil lavender oil or other herbal oils. Lavender oil effective stimulates hair growth.
- After shampooing your hair you can wash your hair with water boiled with few margosa leaves. You can even mix equal quantity of coconut oil and margosa oil and use this mixture for massaging your scalp.
- Make sure that you keep your scalp clean. You can wash your hair alternate days but make sure that you use mild shampoo and condition your hair after every wash.
- Daily brushing your hair is important as it enhances scalp blood circulation. It is advisable to avoid back combing of your hair as it increases the chances of breaking hair directly from hair shaft.
- Avoid applying conditioner directly on your scalp as it might increase hair fall. to prevent hair fall avoid use of lot of styling products as they contain harsh chemicals. Itâ€™s better to prefer herbal products.
These yoga postures are mainly for healthy hair growth but you need to practice these postures regularly. But in case you are suffering from blood pressure or any cardiac problem then it is advisable to consult your doctor before practicing these yoga postures.
Causes of Hair Fall
- Hormonal changes which takes place during childbirth or pregnancy may contribute to heavy hair fall, thus resulting in one of the main causes of hair fall.
- Stress may also lead to heavy hair fall.
- Emotional trauma, mild strain and improper diet may lead to heavy hair fall.
- Polluted environment, toxic substances, radiation and aging are some of the causes which may lead to hair fall.
Prevention of Hair Fall
- Usage of mild shampoo regularly keeps the dirt away.
- In order to have unbreakable and healthy hair keep your scalp clean.
- Drink ten to twelve glasses of water daily in order to keep your internal system away from toxins.
- Eat a lot of green leafy vegetables which will give proteins to your hair resulting in less hair fall. Eat spinach as it will keep your heart and hair healthy.
- Use brahmi oil in order to keep your hair lustrous.
- Twice in a week conditioner your hair. Do not apply the conditioner to the scalp.
- Zinc prevents hair loss, so eat food which has zinc in it such as whole grains and flour.
- In order to prevent hair fall eat cashew nuts, beans and peanuts along with milk.
Ayurveda Herbs for Hair Fall
- In order to prevent hair fall, wash your hair with apple cider vinegar and sage tea.
- In order to make your hair look shiny, apply silica on your hair.
- Extraction of licorice also prevents hair fall.
- Massage your hair with horsetail, stinging nettle, rosemary and birch in order to prevent hair fall.