Homely Ways to Cure UTI (Urinary Tract Infection)
Generally it is observed that women are mostly infected with urinary tract infection mostly called as UTI. Urinary tract infection is mainly caused due to the bacterial infection in any part of the urinary tract. Normally the urine contains various salts, fluids and other waste material but it is devoid of any sort of bacteria. But in case of UTI bacteria infects any part of urinary tract and multiply in urine.
What are Causes of UTI?
There are number of factors causing urinary tract infection, some of the major causes of UTI are listed below:
- One of the most causes of UTI is bacteria present in the bowel. These bacteria enter and spread in the urinary tract through urethra.
- Another common cause of UTI is sexual intercourse. Sometimes during sexual intercourse bacteria present in the vaginal area gets massaged into the urethra with the movement of penis.
- Unsafe, frequent and polygamous relationships can also lead to urinary tract infection.
- Prolonged urine holding is another reason for urinary tract infection. Prolonged delay to urinate stretches the bladder beyond its capacity and makes the bladder muscles weak. This weakening of bladder muscles results in incomplete urination.
- Other factors causing UTI are pregnancy, menopause, diabetes, kidney stones, spinal cord injury, suppressed immune system, etc.
What are the Common Symptoms of UTI?
Some of the common symptoms associated with urinary tract infection are listed below:
- Foul or strong urine odour
- Frequent urination
- Pain or burning sensation during urination
- Blood in urine
- Cloudy urine
- Experience of pressure in lower pelvis
- Sensation of incomplete or unable to urinate
- Unable to hold urine
- Mild fever
Are There Any Natural Remedies for UTI?
Yes there are various effective natural remedies for urinary tract infection (UTI). It is observed that mild or moderate UTI donâ€™t require antibiotic treatment and can be easily treated with natural remedies. Some of the effective natural remedies for UTI are listed below:
- One of the excellent home remedy for UTI is to drink plenty of water. Excess water will ensure excellent urine flow hence ensuring elimination of toxin, waste material and bacteria too.
- Another effective home remedy for urinary tract infection is to consume baking soda. Drink 8 ounces of water mixed with Â½ tsp of baking soda. Baking soda increases the pH value of urine hence ensuring elimination of UTI causing bacteria and fungi.
- Aromatherapy also effective treats urinary tract infection. Apply a mixture of tea tree, sandalwood, juniper, bergamot and frankincense oils on the bladder region. Gently massage the infected bladder region. You can continue massaging the bladder with the mixture of oils till the UTI resides.
- Another effective herbal remedy for UTI is to take Goldenseal and Echinacea capsules.
- Increase your consumption foods which are rich source of Vitamin C. Vitamin C increase the pH value of the urine and regulate the bacterial growth.
- A regular and periodical intake of tincture is also effective in treating urinary tract infection.
- Cranberry juice is also effective home remedy for UTI. Make sure that you take a glass of cranberry juice every morning till the UTI symptoms are resolved.
- Other home remedies for UTI include reflexology and hot compression. These home remedies are externally applied so as to get rid of bacteria.
These were some of the most effective and easy home remedies for urinary tract infection (UTI). In case even after using these home remedies your UTI is not cured then it is advised to consult your physician immediately.