10 Natural Ways to Ward off Earache
Earache is one the common problems faced by both children and adults. But it is observed that the earache incidence rate is more in case of children as compared to adults. The most common cause of earache is plugged â€˜Eustachianâ€™ tubes. Other possible causes of earache are listed below:
- Common cold
- Regular exposure to loud sound
- Difference in the air pressure
- Excess wax deposition
- Ear, nose and throat related problems
- Ear infection
- Excess pressure on the ear
It is seen that earache gets worse during nights while sleeping. It is mainly because while sleeping throat muscles relaxes due to which Eustachian tubes gets more congested.
Earache Home Remedies and Natural Cures:
Though earache is painful and troublesome condition but can be easily treated with simple home remedies. Some of the most effective earache home remedies and natural cures are listed below:
- Apply warm compress for immediate relief from earache. Warm compress is considered to be one of the effective home remedies for earache. Soak a towel in warm water and press it against ear, you will experience immediate relief.
- Garlic is considered to be highly effective home remedy for earache as it has potent antibiotic properties. Extract fresh garlic juice and pour it directly in the affected ear. Another way to use garlic is to warm Â½ tsp of sesame oil with Â½ garlic clove. Put a few drops of warm sesame oil in your affected ear.
- You can even use Licorice herb for curing earache. Take small amount of Licorice and heat it with clarified butter and make a smooth paste of it. Apply this paste externally on the affected ear and allow it to stand for few minutes.
- Warm a small amount of sesame oil and add few leaves of castor. Dab this warm oil around the ears. This is one of the effective home remedies for earache.
- Bishopâ€™s weed oil is also considered to be one of the excellent home remedies for earache. Mix Bishopâ€™s weed oil and sesame oil in 1:3 ratios and warm the mixture lightly. Now pour at least 4 drops of this mixture in the ear.
- Take few tender leaves of mango and extract their juice. Heat the juice till lukewarm and put 4 drops of juice in each ear. This is considered to be effective natural cure for earache.
- Warm linseed or mustard oil with few fenugreek seeds, filter it and allow it to cool. Put around 4-5 drops of this oil in the affected ear. This remedy will eliminate pain completely.
- Sometimes earache is caused due to flying hence it is advisable to keep candy or chewing gum with you. Whenever you feel the pain during the flight chew them. Or you can even yawn so as to get relief from earache.
- Ginger also acts natural painkiller. Extract fresh juice of ginger and directly pour it the ear. It is observed that it cures earache most of the times.
- With simple preventive steps you can even avoid earache. During cold climate it is advisable to plug a small cotton ball in your ear. In case you experience earache while swimming it is advisable to put few drops of mineral oil before diving in the pool.
Diet for Earache:
It is observed that earache is mainly caused due to infection. With the help of some minor dietary changes you can easily cure earache. Diet for earache should mainly consists of foods rich in Vitamin C and zinc. Besides giving boost to your immune system Vitamin C also acts a natural antibiotic and antihistamine, reducing inflammation and infection. Make sure that you avoid foods like milk, cheese, butter and other dairy products from your diet for earache as they might worsen your ear pain.
These are some of the most effective home remedies and natural cures for earache. In case the earache is persistent and severe it is advisable to consult an ENT specialist immediately.