Top 10 Home Remedies for Hives
Hives is a type of skin infection which causes red and itchy patches on the skin. Medically hives are known as Urticaria and can be triggered by any sort of allergen. Some of the possible allergens can be peanuts, vitamin supplements, excess heat or cold, stress, fever, drugs like aspirin or penicillin, vitamin supplements, etc. Hives is quite an uncomfortable skin problem but can be easily relieved with home remedies:
10 most effective home remedies for hives are listed below:
- First of all try to identify the trigger causing hives and try to avoid them as much as possible.
- For instant relief you can use cold compress. But in case hives are caused due to excess cold then it is best to skip this home remedy for hives.
- Aloe Vera is considered to be one of the most effective home remedies for hives. Application of freshly extracted Aloe Vera pulp on the affected area is effective in curing hives. Aloe Vera contains potent skin healing properties.
- Application of Vitamin E on the affected area is another beneficial home remedy for hives. For best results it is advised to apply Vitamin E oil on the affected area at least twice a day.
- Stress and tension can worsen the condition hence it is advisable to keep yourself calm. Drinking herbal tea like peppermint tea, valerian tea or chamomile tea is highly effective in reducing your stress as well as hives.
- Besides Vitamin E, Vitamin C and Zinc are also beneficial in treating hives. Make sure that you include foods rich in Vitamin E, Vitamin C and zinc in your diet.
- Mix 3 tsp of cornstarch to 2 cups of oatmeal and make a smooth paste by adding water to it. Apply this smooth paste on the affected area and leave it for at least 30 minutes. Within few hours hives will dry. This is highly effective home remedy for hives.
- It is observed that heat tends to worsen hives hence it is better to avoid heat. Avoid direct exposure to sun and when you are going out make sure that you cover your hives.
- To a cup of water add grapefruit seed extract and fill in it in a clean spray bottle. Spray this mixture on the affected area. Grapefruit seeds are considered to be highly effective in treating hives.
- Prepare nettle tea and add lemon or honey for taste and drink it. Nettle herb is considered to have potent hive healing properties.