Top 10 Homely Ways to Cure Fever Blisters
Are you one of those who just recovered from fever but are now troubled with tiny red blisters? If Yes, then you might be suffering from fever blisters which are also known as cold sores. Besides fever these blisters even appear during menstruation, sun exposure and cold. Herpes virus leads to the formation of these blisters but can be cured with simple yet effective fever blister home remedies.
Some of the top 10 effective home remedies for fever blisters or cold sores are listed below:
- Cold sores or fever blisters are mainly associated with burning, itching and tingling sensation. Apply freshly extracted Aloe Vera juice on the affected area is one of the effective home remedies for fever blisters.
- Prepare a smooth paste of cornstarch and water and apply it on the affected area. This is another quick cold sore home remedy and helps in subsiding the itching and burning sensation.
- On the onset of fever blisters, rubbing ice on the blisters for 10 minutes every hour prevent virus movement.
- Application of lemon balm extracts on the affected area enhances the healing process as well as relieves from the cold sore symptoms.
- Sage herbal tea with a dash of ginger powder is also effective fever blister home remedy. Till the blisters subside you can drink several cups in a day.
- With a cotton ball dab a 2-3 drops of St. Johnâ€™s Wort essential oil the affected area. Besides having soothing effect it alleviates pain and enhances the healing process.
- Apply generous amount of vaseline or petroleum jelly on the sores. This is an effective way to prevent blisters from bleeding and cracking.
- Apply a cool used tea bag on the blister; this is an effective home remedy for cold sores.
- To olive or aloe oil mix 2-3 drops of grapefruit seed extract and with the help of a cotton ball dab it on the affected area.
- Lastly it is advisable to avoid foods like peanuts, chocolate, nuts, oatmeal, seeds and peas from your diet. These foods might worsen your fever blister symptoms.
Even after following the above mentioned home remedies for fever blisters you are not relieved then it is advisable to consult your physician immediately.