Top 10 Dysentery Home Remedies
Dysentery is one of the common ailments which everyone must have suffered from, at least once in their lifetime. Dysentery is caused mainly due to microbial infection mainly affecting large intestine. It is mainly characterized with abdominal pain and semi-solid or liquid stools mixed with blood and mucus. Prolonged dysentery is very discomforting making your weak and pale. But with the help of effective home remedies you can treat dysentery at home.
Home Remedies for Dysentery:
Some of the effective yet simple home remedies for dysentery are listed below:
- One of the most effective home remedy for loose motion is to drink Isabgol solution. Mix about 5gms of Isabgol in a glass of cold water with a tsp of sugar and drink it.
- Drinking pomegranate juice or eat the fruit is considered to effective home remedy for dysentery for immediate relief.
- Shred a peeled apple and allow it turn brown then eat it. This is an effective home remedy to cure dysentery or loose motion.
- Slice a tender wood apple or bael fruit (Aegle marmelos) and sun dry it. Powder the sun dried slices of wood apple and take 1 tsp with warm water. Take this remedy twice a day for effective results. This is considered to effective dysentery home remedy.
- Boil around 60gms of pomegranate rind with 250ml of milk. Boil till 1/3rd of milk is evaporated. Divide it into 3 equal portions and take it thrice a day after regular interval. Pomegranate rind is highly beneficial home remedy for loose motion.
- For few minutes boil 3 peeled and sliced lemons with 250ml of water. Allow it to cool and strain it. Drink this infusion thrice a day. This is highly effective home remedy for minor cases of dysentery.
- Soak 2-3 tsp of coriander seed overnight in a bowl of water. Next morning eat the soaked coriander seeds with a cup of buttermilk.
- Take fresh juice of 15-20 tender curry leaves and mix 1 tsp of honey. Drinking this mixture is highly beneficial treatment for dysentery.
- To control liquid stools, mash a ripe banana and mix 1 tsp of tamarind pulp and a pinch of salt. Take this preparation twice in a day.
- Generally dysentery is accompanied with dehydration; hence make sure that you take lots of Oral Re-hydration Solution (ORS) or electrolytes. Make sure that you include fresh sweet yogurt, ripe banana, papaya, pomegranate, buttermilk, carrot, potato, mint and apple in your diet.
In case of chronic dysentery, it is advisable to consult your physician as soon as possible.