Symptoms and Natural Remedies for acidity
Stomach acidity or hyperacidity or simply acidity is the condition where the stomach produces abnormally large amount of acids during the process of digestion. Important symptom of acidity is a feeling of burning sensation just above the stomach or right below the breastbone. The article gives the symptoms and few of the natural remedies for this malice.
Symptoms of acidity:
Some of the common symptoms observed in both adults and children having acidity are:
- Heartburn and stomach burn
- Respiratory problems
- Inadequate weight
- Loss of appetite
- Burping or hiccupping
- Sour mouth and throat
- Bad teeth and bad breath
Natural Remedies for acidity:
Some of the natural and home remedies for acidity are as follows:
- Fried, fatty, junk food and excessive chocolates should be avoided
- The diet should not be spicy as it could worsen acid reflux or acidity
- Alcohol, caffeine and cigars are harmful to the stomach and thus need to be completely given up.
- Take carbohydrate rich diet like rich and wheat and eat dinner 2-3 hours before sleeping.
- Take 1-2 glasses of water in empty stomach in the morning as it helps stomach to relax
- Taking few leaves of Holy basil (Tulasi) helps controlling acidity
- Taking two table spoons of honey with two table spoons of natural cidar vinegar before meal can be helpful
- Fruits like cucumber, watermelon, papaya and banana help relieving acidity
- Cold milk, coconut water, almonds and raw garlic can relive heartburn associated with acidity
- The best home remedy is take half glass of butter milk with one table spoon of coriander juice. This not only relives stomach burns but also helps in indigestion
- Morning and evening walks and mild exercises can help you to control acidity. Yogic exercises and meditation keeps the gastric system in good and balanced condition.