Natural Remedies for Cough
One of the best natural remedies for the cough is taking one teaspoon of honey with one teaspoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice with some water, 2-3 times a day.
First step in treatment of cough is to liberate the respiratory tract from the cough like morbid matter. The bowels should be cleansed by taking warm water enema for 2-3 days. For nature cure treatments, hot foot bath and chest pack are beneficial. Heavy and cough producing diet like milk and milk products and sweets should be avoided and light diet may be taken.
Here are Few Natural Remedies for Cough:
- Taking boiled water for drinking is also very effective in overcoming cough. Ginger juice mixed with honey is beneficial and may be taken several times a day.
- For dry cough, chest pack and use of honey are beneficial. In dry cough, half cup green bottle water duly charged with sun rays must be taken in empty stomach. For overcoming cough with sputum half cup yellow bottle water duly charged with sun rays must be taken immediately after food.
- In all cough conditions, Kunjala may be performed regularly in the morning for few days. Thereafter Vastra Dhauti and Jal Neti should be practiced so that the phlegm accumulated in respiratory tract could be eliminated.
- A cup of grape juice mixed with a teaspoon of honey is recommended for cough relief
- Almonds are helpful for dry coughs. Seven kernels must be soaked in water overnight and the brown skin removed. They must then be ground well to form a well paste. A quantity of twenty grams each of butter and sugar must be added to the paste. This paste must be taken in the morning and evening.
- The root of the turmeric plant is valuable in a dry cough. The root must be roasted and powdered. This powder should be taken in three-gram doses two times daily, in the morning and evening.
- In the case of a severe cough, the patient should fast on orange juice and water till the severity is decreased. The process is to take the juice of an orange diluted in a cup of warm water, every two hours from morning till night.
- One should avoid taking meat, sugar, tea, coffee, condiments, refined and processed foods during the cough as it can aggravate the problem. One should also avoid soft drinks, candies, Ice cream, and all products made from sugar.