Natural Remedies for Headache
Massaging with peppermint oil is one of the best natural remedies for headache. Other essential oils that can be used are: rosemary, lavender, and chamomile. For quick relief gently rub one drop of oil on the place where it hurts the most. You can massage it on your forehead, temples or extend it to neck area.
Some of Natural Cures for Headaches are:
- For sinus related headaches, boil some vinegar in water and place it in a bowl. Wrap a towel around the head and bend over the bowl. Inhaling the fumes will help unblock the sinuses and alleviate the headache.
- Some of the breathing exercises can cure headaches. Taking very deep breaths and then exhaling slowly may help. See that the stomach moves more than your chest.
- Aromatherapy can be a pleasant cure for headache. Application of dilute lavender essential oil in jojoba oil on your temples and inhaling the smell can relieve you from headache.
- Sleeping is a natural remedy for headache. Many people are able to sleep off their headaches. But make sure you are not sleeping in an awkward position or over sleeping.
- Lying down in a dark, silent room may also relieve headaches. This can be combined with massage or pressure application to the bridge of the nose.
- A natural herbal remedy is feverfew. This is sold as leaves or powdered in capsules. Feverfew is a preventive medicine that works to prevent headaches from occurring in you. It controls the tension in head by regulating the pulsating blood vessels in your brain.
- Acupressure is good way to reduce headache. Squeeze the web of skin between the thumb and pointer finger as hard as you can; or use both thumbs and apply pressure under the bony ridges at the back of the head.
- Another easy way to deal with headache pain is exercise. Exercise relieves tension and the pressure to the head. Exercise relieves stress but it not advised in migraine headaches.