Natural Remedies for Diarrhoea
Taking fresh juice of Indian gooseberry (Amla) with lemon juice and sugar is one of the best natural remedies for diarrhoea. Still easy is taking a banana with curd. This article gives some of beneficial remedies for diarrhoea.
Frequent diarrhoea leads to dehydration in the body. A lot of fluid intake is recommended.
Oral Rehydration Solution
is the best. If not that a solution of honey and lemon juice or table salt and sugar should be taken after short intervals. The application of Cold pack over abdomen or Cold Hip bath or Cold abdominal pack will be helpful in situations of prolonged diarrhoea.
Some of the Natural Remedies for Diarrhoea are:
- Make a mixture by adding half teaspoon lemon juice, half teaspoon ginger juice and one quarter teaspoon pepper powder. Drink this mixture two times a day. Diarrhoea will be relived within half day.
- Amaranth seeds and leaves are useful in diarrhoea treatment. Make a tea by boiling three cups of water to a boil. Add two teaspoons of seeds. Cover it and simmer on low for about 5-10 minutes. Remove from heat and add 1 teaspoon of leaves or let it steep for 30 minutes. Drink two cups everyday as this heals diarrhoea completely.
- Add one teaspoonful of ginger juice in half cup of boiling water and drink hot after every one-hour.
- Intake of curd with mango juice and one teaspoon ginger relieves diarrhoea.
- Blend handful of chopped red radishes, 1 cup of cold milk, and a half teaspoon of cornstarch. Drink the mixture slowly. This natural remedy will stop the diarrhoea within an hour. Repeat again in 4 hours, if required.
- Diet for diarrhoea: Mix powder of 12 grams of fennel and 6 grams of white cumin seeds and add 12 grams of unrefined sugar and store it. Take one gram of this mixture every morning and evening for 15 days.
- Application of ginger juice on the umbilicus is a good natural remedy for diarrhoea.