Aromatherapy and Its Benefits
means therapy with aromas or â€œtreatment using scents.â€ It is a type of body care where pleasant smelling botanical oils are employed in treatment of ailments. Though the basic principle is inhalation of aromas but there are several methods to get the inhalation.
The essences from which the therapeutic aromas come are known as essential oils. They are extracted from flowers, fruits, seeds, trees, barks, grasses and plants. They have distinctive therapeutic, physiological and psychological properties.
Here are few physiological benefits of aromatherapy:
- The first benefit of aromatherapy is that there is
enhanced blood circulation
by the olfactory stimulation. This removes the residual toxins out of the body.
- Aromatherapy is known for its healing power for skin disorders for its anti bacterial properties.
- Pains relating muscles and joints are effectively treated using aromatherapy.
- A study proved that aromatherapy is useful in destroying harmful bacteria and the patients who inhaled certain types of essential oils have less risk of being attacked by harmful bacteria.
- Muscle fatigue is considerable relieved by aromatherapy and thus energy and stamina are enhanced.
- Hormonal imbalances and metabolism conditions are treated effectively.
- Essential oil of lavender is used to treat sleep related problems as it has sedative properties
- It is proven that aromatherapy substantially reduces shingles pain and also heals the blisters associated with shingles.
- Pregnant women have positive labor experiences when treated with aromatherapy.
Here are few psychological benefits of aromatherapy:
- Aromatherapy calms the mind and relieves anxiety and anxiety related problems
- Brings down the nervous stress of the nervous system
- Boosts overall well-being of the mind
- Soothes the mental system and lifts the spirits
- It is proven that in certain mental disorders such as Alzheimerâ€™s and dementia aromatherapy improved the quality of life. It has discovered that in this disease aromatherapy helped invoking memories and boosted short term memory in the patients.