How Sage is used in Aromatherapy?
Sage is an excellent herb which has natural healing properties. The herb has been used through centuries for its aromatherapy properties. The botanical name for Salvia is Salvia officinalis.
Sage has got its name from Latin word ‘Salvare’ that means ‘to heal’ or ‘to save’. The herb is considered sacred by the Romans and used it both for cooking and as medicine. During middle ages, the herb was used by wise women to help a women during menstruation, child birth and menopausal problems.
Uses of Sage oil:
It is used for its following properties-
- The oil can easily be blended with bergamot, cedarwod, geranium, cypress, lavendar, jasmine and lime oil.
- The sage oil has regenerative properties and is generally used for the skin in aromatherapy.
Sage oil Aromatherapy:
- The essential oil of sage has a strong and nutty aroma.
– The oil is used for premature balding and stimulates hair growth. It is used to get rid of greasy hair and dandruff.
– It is used for dream therapy as its application helps you remember the dreams and to dream more clearly.
– the application of oil helps to you to get relieve from stress.
– some herbalists prescribe the herb mixtures for couples who experience problems in conceiving children.
it is an excellent herb to cure menstrual problems and pains
it is a natural muscle relaxer and a relieves muscle spasms, cramps, joint pains and back pains.
Aromatic bath –
Sage oil can be added to bath water with 1 to 2 drops of rose otto and 3 to 5 drops of lavendar oil and deep breathe the aroma of oils. Soak for as long as you need to and you will have a feeling of muscle relaxation.