What are the Natural Cures for Acidity?
Acidity is a very common problem of indigestion. It generally occurs after a heavy meal and causes burning sensation in chest and leads to heartburn. There are various natural cure to treat acidity and indigestion.
Acidity can also be caused by improper diets or too much of stress. The simple natural remedy can cure this serious problem which when left unattended can lead to severe health problems such as peptic ulcers and other problems.
Natural Cure for Acidity:
- After food intake, raw garlic consumption is good.
- Cumin seeds and kokum sherbet reduces acidity.
- Before meals, take some lemon water with a teaspoon of sugar.
- A glass of cold milk also provides instant relief from acidity.
- Mint juice also proves beneficial in heartburn and acidity.
- Chew cardamom after every meal.
- Eating some basil leaves after meals also relieves acidity and flatulence.
- Eating a banana daily will keep acidity away and is also a common remedy for acidity. Also fruits like apple, water melon and cucumber should be included that avoids acidity.
- Drinking coconut water atleast for 3 times a day is an effective natural remedy for acidity.
- Prepare a fine powder of black pepper, ginger powder, dried mint leaves, coriander seeds, fennel, cumin and common salt taken in equal amounts. This powder should be taken twice daily after meals. This will relieve acidity and flatulence.
- White vinegar taken with meals will help in proper food digestion and hence control the acidity.
- Eating yogurt after meals helps in immediate relief from acidity.
- One of the common natural remedy for acidity is to drink water in the morning as it neutralizes the acids present in stomach.
- To avoid acidity, it is always advised to take your dinner at least before two hours of going to bed.