What are the Alternative Treatment for Giardiasis?
Giardiasis or Beaver fever causes diarrheal infection of the small intestine. It is caused by a single celled parasite i.e., a protozoa called Giardia lamblia, which is also called G. Intestinalis. The parasite moves with the help of five flagella. Giardiasis spreads through contaminated water and food. The disease is one of the most common water-borne diarrhea. There are several conventional methods for treatment of the disease, but the disease can be treated with herbs.
Nearly 20% of world’s population gets infected by Giardiasis. Travelers travelling to under developed countries mostly get giardiasis infection. The infective stage of the protozoa is called a trophozoite and it get stuck to the intestinal lining and causes the symptoms of the disease.
Giardiasis Natural Treatment -
There are following alternative methods for treatment of the disease -
- It is easily available on any natural products store.
- It is a natural antidiarrhetic.
- The herb is bitter and is a natural fighter of parasites.
- It has coolant and soothing properties to the intestine and calms gastrointestinal irritation.
- It prevents the symptoms of giardiasis, such as abdominal pains, diarrhea and nausea.
Sweet Annie -
- It is also called Qing Hao by Chinese as it has its origin in China.
- The herb is used to treat parasite induced sickness like giardiasis and malaria.
- It can be taken in powder or tablet form.
- It should be avoided during pregnancy.
- It is an antiparasitic herb and available in tincture or capsule form.
- It is typically used to treat gastrointestinal problems, such as worms, loss of appetite and giardiasis.