How to Get Rid of Lice Naturally?
Lice infestation, which is also called Pediculosis is a common human problem. It is a common problem with children. Pesticides shampoo are harmful for your child’s health. Tea tree oil is a natural solution to get rid from lice.
Tea tree oil is derived from steam distillation of Melaleuca tree leaves. The tree is native to Australia. The oil of tea tree smells like a blend of eucalyptus and nutmeg oil, which is yellow in color. Pure tea tree oil contains nearly 40% of an anti-bacterial agent called terpinen-4-ol. This agent fights infections caused by insects, cuts and scraps effectively.
Natural Lice Treatment using Tea Tree Oil-
- Tea tree is now being used in shampoos to get rid from lice as a natural treatment.
- As the oil is both healing and antiseptic, hence it will also soothe the irritated scalp.
- Tea tree oil has a cooling effect and thus soothes the irritated and scraped skin.
- Head lice bites the skin and thus infection occurs overtime and tea tree oil helps fight these infections.
- Tea tree oil can be mixed with coconut oil or olive oil and applied on head to get rid from lice.
- Tea tree mist can be made by mixing 8 oz. Water with 12 drops of tea tree oil in a spray bottle. The mist can be sprayed over hair to fight reinfestation of lice.
Other effective natural ways to get rid of lice –
– Wash head with vinegar solution, that will kill lice and nits within two days.
– Application of coconut oil mixed with tea tree oil on head after washing head. It is an effective way to get relief from lice naturally.
Listerine mouth wash
– Rub listerine mouth wash on head to get rid of lice.
– Apply mayonnaise on head and massage gently. This will kill the lice as well as nits.
Lemon and butter
– A mixture of lemon and butter applied on head can remove live and nits effectively.
- Avoid sharing your personal belongings to lice infested person.