How to Cure Gingivitis Naturally
Gingivitis is an inflammation caused in the mouth. It leads to bone loss and gradually teeth loss, if it is left untreated. This condition is due to the accumulation of bacteria, plaque and food particles between the teeth and gums. Dismally, some people do not consider this as a serious condition. Symptoms of gingivitis may include swollen, tender, bleeding and painful gums. In addition to these, some also experience bad breath and also bad taste in their mouth as the condition becomes serious. However, gingivitis can be treated naturally by following the below mentioned tips:
- Rub the gums with clove oil. You may feel some burning sensation. You may also chew a small piece of clove.
- Brush your teeth twice a day by using herbal toothpaste. Also use a herbal mouth when you experience bad breath.
- A toothpaste containing holy basil, neem, babool, mint aids in treating the infection and also reduces gum inflammation and swelling.
- Aloe Vera pulp can be rubbed gently on the gums. Gargle with water once rubbing is done and repeat the process.
- Twice a day, gargle with a glass of lukewarm water that contains salt. You can add triphala powder instead of salt.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of white oak bark herbal powder, Â¾ tablespoon of peppermint leaves powder, 1 tablespoon of myrrh herbal powder and 1/8 tablespoon of clove powder and grind them. Store this powder in an air tight container. Apply this powder on the affected areas twice a day.
- Choose mouthwash and toothpaste that contains chamomile tincture, menthol, peppermint oil and sage oil. These helps in treating gingivitis.
- Take more fresh fruits and vegetables. Also include foods that are rich in vitamin C, low saturated foods and fiber. Unsweetened cranberry juice is the best treatment for gingivitis.
- Mix equal amounts of the 3% solution of Hydrogen peroxide and water. Gargle with this solution.
- Combine water and baking soda together and dab it on the affected areas with the finger. Then brush with a herbal powder. This heals gingivitis as well as neutralizes the acidity of bacteria.
Always consult the doctor for preventing gingivitis and brush your teeth at least twice in a day.