Jack Fruit Health Benefits
Jack fruit tree belongs to Mulberry family. It is native to SriLanka, Philippines, Bangladesh, southwestern India and possibly, east of Malay Peninsula. This is mainly cultivated in the tropical conditions. This fruit is the largest tree borne fruit in the world. It has about 25 cm diameter. These fruits can weigh about 36 kg with a diameter of 50 cm and length of 90 cms. The best part of this fruit is that even the seeds are rich in nutrients.
Nutritional Value of Jack fruit:
Below is the amount of nutrients present in 100 grams of the fruit.
- Calories – 94
- Polyunsaturated fat – 0.086 mg
- Monounsaturated fat – 0.044 mg
- Saturated fat – 0.063 mg
- Total fat – 0.3 mg
- Selenium – 0.6 mcg
- Manganese – 0.197 mg
- Copper – 0.187 mg
- Zinc – 0.42 mg
- Sodium – 3 mg
- Potassium – 303 mg
- Phosphorus – 36 mg
- Magnesium – 37 mg
- Iron – 0.6 mg
- Calcium – 34 mg
- Folate – 14 mcg
- Vitamin B6 – 0.108 mg
- Niacin – 0.4 mg
- Riboflavin – 0.11 mg
- Thiamine – 0.03 mg
- Vitamin C – 6.7 mg
- Vitamin A – 297 IU
- Protein – 1 g
- Dietary fiber – 2 g
- Total Carbohydrates – 24 g
- Sodium – 3 mg
Jack fruit Health Benefits:
- As jack fruit is rich in potassium, it aids in lowering the blood pressure.
- This is an effective remedy for treating asthma.
- Jack fruit root extract can be used for curing fever and diarrhea as well.
- It is believed that jack fruit has antioxidant, anti-ulcer and anti-aging properties.
- Jack fruit root can be used for treating innumerable skin problems.
- This fruit contains phytonutrients. These are beneficial in treating many conditions ranging from anti-cancer to anti-hypertensive.
- This is an excellent energy food with less amounts of fat.
- Jack fruit aids in preventing constipation.
- This is also renowned for curing indigestion and ulcers.
- It also helps in treating obesity.
- This fruit is rich in vitamin C.