Almonds Health Benefits
Almonds are very popular as they are available throughout the year. So, unlike other seasonal products, people don’t wait for a specific season for enjoying the flavor of these nuts. However, these nuts are freshest and tastiest in the mid-summer. About their origin, the Mediterranean climate region of Middle East is referred to be the native place. These nuts are attributed as
best among the fruits
in Bible and still they are! It is all because of the taste and the benefits they offer.
Health Benefits of Almonds:
Almonds have numerous health benefits and these are used through several forms such as almond paste, almond oil or whole almonds. Following are some health benefits of almonds.
- Almond oil is used in treating dark circles around the eyes, as this re-vitalizes the fatigue cells and improves blood flow.
- These contain monounsaturated and certain polyunsaturated fats. They aid to lower the LDL or the bad cholesterol, while maintaining good cholesterol levels or healthy high-density lipoproteins.
- Almonds are rich in nutrients as they have iron, copper and vitamins. These are used in curing anemia.
- Almonds have great benefits. These prevent dry skin, pimples, black heads and premature appearance of wrinkles also. Regular massage with almond oil helps you to get flawless and glowing complexion.
- Almonds are beneficial in treating constipation as they increase fiber content of food.
- Almond is very useful in treating all sorts of hair problems. This helps in curing hair fall, dandruff and also the untimely graying of the hair.
- Almonds have antioxidant properties and hence are very beneficial for health.
- These almonds are used in pharmaceutical industries. Sweet almond oil is used as the carrier for an injectable drug, that can be deteriorated in the water-based carriers.
- Almonds increase blood flow to important organs. These are also used as the aphrodisiacs.
- Sweet almond oil is used in aromatherapy.
- Almond oil is considered as a best choice for massaging because it replenishes skin and rejuvenates the body. This also gives relief from stress.
- This oil has laxative properties and aids to produce soft stools and avoids other digestive problems too.
- Babies with lactose intolerance may be given the diet prepared from almonds powder and water.
- Almonds reduces the blood glucose levels that raise after having meals and thus, sustenance in maintaining healthy blood glucose levels.