Health Benefits of Sugarcane Juice
Sugarcane is relished and cultivated in more than 200 countries round the globe. Brazil is the largest producer and India is the second largest producer of sugarcane. This belongs to grass family and is fibrous, stout, jointed stalk which measures about 2 – 6 metres tall and imbibes ample amounts of sugar. The stalks of sugarcane are either crushed by roller drums, machines or hand-powered presses that are designed for crushing sugarcane. Sugarcane juice is delectable, sweet and refreshing. This juice is sweeter than the orange juice. Let us know about the health benefits and nutritional values of the sugarcane juice.
Nutritional Value of Sugarcane Juice:
The juice extracted from sugarcane not only pacifies the palate, but strengthens the body by providing several nutrients.
- Magnesium – 2.5 mg
- Calcium – 32.57 mg
- Calories – 111
- Fats – 0.09 g
- Water – 0.19 g
- Ash – 0.66 g
- Carbohydrates – 27.40 g
- Protein – 0.20 g
Health Benefits of Sugarcane Juice:
Sugarcane juice is known as high energy drink, with essential nutrients which benefit the general health in several ways including:
- Low glycemic index helps in keeping your body fit and healthy.
- As this juice does not contain sugar, people with diabetes can also drink this juice.
- This juice prevents tooth decay, thus it is good for teeth.
- Sugarcane juice cures flu, sore throats and cold.
- This assists in keeping clear flow urine and enables proper functioning of kidneys.
- The liver capacity weakens while suffering from jaundice. Sugarcane juice strengthens liver.
- Sugarcane juice acts like a mild laxative due to high amounts of potassium. Moreover, it aids in good digestion.
- This is alkaline in nature and hence, fights against breast and prostrate cancer.
- This is a refreshing, sweet and a wonderful substitute for an aerated drink. This benefits the body from gaining unnecessary calories.
- Combine coconut water, ginger juice and sugarcane juice and have it. It helps micturition which is caused due to hyper acidity.
- High amounts of carbohydrates aids in refreshing and energizing the body immediately. Glucose furnished to body through the juice is stored in muscles and is burnt for providing instant energy to body.