Natural Cures for Nausea
Nausea may be described as a sensation of discomfort and unease in the stomach, with an urge to vomit. This is not an disease but a symptom experienced in several health conditions. Nausea can be experienced in several cases like food intolerance, overeating, consumption of alcohol and drugs, chemotherapy, stress, morning sickness, sea sickness and motion, indigestion and other diseases and disorders. Following lines provide some natural remedies for treating nausea.
Natural Cures for Nausea:
- The most easiest and simple natural remedy for nausea is to drink a cup of ginger tea.
- Boil half a cup of rice in two cups of water for nearly 10 minutes. After cooking, strain the water and have it when it is warm.
- Add a tablespoon each of honey and apple cider vinegar in a glass of cold water. Consume this mixture when you feel nauseous.
- In a glass of warm milk, add few drops of wheat germ and consume it. This is a beneficial remedy for treating nausea.
- Have half a tablespoon of cumin seeds powder along with the water. This is another useful remedy for curing nausea.
- Squeeze fresh lime juice into a glass of water and drink it. One may also add a pinch of salt to it.
- Mix half a tablespoon of baking soda in a glass of warm water and drink it. Remember that this remedy is not applicable for pregnant women.
- Drink chamomile or peppermint tea. This helps in treating the feeling of nauseousness.
- People are suggested to have healthy diet which includes vegetables and fruits in the diet and must exclude spicy, oily and fried foods.
- Consume foods which are rich in fiber. This is very useful for a person suffering from nausea. Some fiber rich foods include brown bread, apple sauce, rice and banana.
- Drink plenty of water. Cold drinks, carbonated water, coffee, soft drinks, tea, etc must be avoided. These may irritate stomach and bowel movement in some individuals.
- Do not sleep immediately after having meals.