How to Treat Pneumonia Naturally
Pneumonia is described as an infection or inflammation of the lungs. This is caused by several microorganisms like parasites, fungi, bacteria and viruses. Lungs have numerous tiny air sacs which are filled with pus, mucus and liquids and even have difficulty in proper functioning. Often, pneumonia follows a flu or a cold, but can also occur due to the underlying diseases. If pneumonia is left untreated, it leads to many serious health conditions. To prevent the serious health conditions, one may follow several natural treatments to cure pneumonia.
How to Treat Pneumonia Naturally?
As pneumonia is a life-threatening condition, several natural remedies can be followed:
- Massage with turpentine oil on the ribs of the patient and also wrap warm cotton wool. It helps in reducing the pneumonia pain. This is an effective natural cure for pneumonia.
- Avoid strong coffee, tea and other beverages . They may have bad impact on pneumonia.
- You should also avoid white flour, white sugar and products made from them. These are heavy to digest and can worsen the disease.
- During the early and acute stage of pneumonia, drink herbal tea prepared with black pepper and fenugreek seeds. This is the most beneficial remedy.
- Quit smoking as it works as a poison for pneumonia. It puts extra burden and creates many troubles to get appropriate oxygen levels.
- Alcoholic beverages and meats should be avoided.
- Initially, one should drink raw juices for 5 – 7 days. You can drink a glass of fresh vegetable or fruit juice diluted with warm water. This must be followed for every two hours. Citrus fruits such as orange, apple, pineapple, etc. are beneficial.
- Black pepper, fenugreek, ginger and turmeric are mucolytic and thus, excellent in expelling mucus from the body, particularly from the respiratory tract. You can consume these herbs in any form, that is either cooked or raw. This is best for the lungs.
- Traditional ayurvedic therapy recommends an application of sesame oil and garlic juice on the chest. This is very beneficial remedy for pneumonia.