Natural Remedies for Indigestion
Heartburn and indigestion are caused by decreased or increased secretion of stomach acids and other digestive enzymes. Indigestion occurs when the digestive system – often the intestines and the stomach – are unable to convert the foods into simple soluble particles which may be assimilated into the bloodstream. Symptoms of indigestion may include acidity in the abdomen and a feeling of fullness. It can cause some complications such as stomach aches, stomach cramps, dysentery, diarrhea, constipation, etc. Here are some natural remedies for treating indigestion:
Natural Remedies for Indigestion:
- The most simple home remedy is to drink 2 glasses of warm water, that is still giving out fumes. This is an excellent remedy for indigestion, particularly if it is due to flour.
- If indigestion is because of consumption of sweet foods, eat a tablespoon of powder prepared from the bark of a peepal tree.
- In some cases, indigestion occurs when you eat palm fruits or coconut. This mostly occurs in children and this can be treated by having a bowl of plain cooked rice.
- Neem is an effective remedy for indigestion. If the indigestion is due to synthetic preservatives, then consume a tablespoon of neem leaves powder.
- Excess consumption of jack fruit may cause indigestion because of sticky saps in the fruit. Often, this is observed in children. For this problem, you can ask children to eat a banana. This is the beneficial remedy for indigestion in children.
- If indigestion is due to excess consumption of groundnuts or dates, ginger is the best remedy. Consume a small piece of ginger for preventing this condition.
- A tablespoon of lemon juice is a best remedy if the indigestion is due to excess consumption of ghee.
- Excess consumption of bananas can also cause indigestion. To treat this condition, consume a tablespoon of pure and warm ghee.
- Immediate relief from indigestion can be obtained by consuming the following mixture. In a glass of lukewarm water, add a tablespoon each of ginger juice, lemon juice and 2 tablespoons of honey. Mix well and drink it.