How to Cure Strep Throat Naturally
Strep throat may be described as an inflammation of lymph nodes, tonsils and throat. This inflammation is caused due to group-A streptococcus bacteria. This is a very common condition, particularly during flu seasons. Symptoms of strep throat include coughing, sneezing and runny nose. One may notice other symptoms such as fever, excessive sweating, enlargement of tonsils and lymph nodes, poor appetite, nausea, headache, body weakness, fatigue, cough that produces mucus, difficulty in breathing and swallowing and throat swelling and inflammation. Following lines provides some natural remedies for strep throat.
Natural Remedies for Strep Throat:
You can follow some natural remedies for curing strep throat rather than taking the pills, particularly when the symptoms are mild.
- Take sage either in the form of capsules or tincture. It reduces inflammation and protects the soft tissues of the respiratory system and throat.
- Chamomile has analgesic properties which gives immediate relief from headaches and throat pain. Thus, chamomile is the best remedy for strep throat.
- Gargling with warm salt water for every few hours is the best and simple natural remedy for strep throat. It helps in fighting against the bacteria and reduces throat pain and inflammation.
- Garlic is another beneficial remedy for strep throat. As garlic contains anti-bacterial properties, it helps in relieving the symptoms of strep throat.
- Try to maintain warm temperature in the bedroom. Simultaneously use mist humidifiers to maintain air humidity at higher levels.
- Eat only soft foods like mashed potatoes, yogurts, soups and non-irritant fruits. Stay away from spicy foods.
- Do not drink very hot or cold beverages. They result in throat pain and irritation and leads to slow down the healing process.
- Gargling with pomegranate juice also helps in getting rid of throat infection.
- Do not take foods that have persistent and strong odor. They aggravates the infection.
- Boil holy basil leaves in water and drink the water. One can also gargle this decoction.
- Add a tablespoon of cinnamon powder and a pinch of pepper to a glass of water. Boil the water and add two tablespoons of honey and drink the solution.
- To a liter of water add 2 tablespoons of fenugreek seeds and boil it until the water reduces the half. Use this decoction for gargling.
- Season the food with salt, garlic, black pepper and ginger. All these ingredients help in healing strep throat.