Honey for Asthma
Honey is one among the most commonly used ingredients in home remedies. Inhalants, tonics and pastes may be prepared by adding honey to other common ingredients for treating respiratory problems, asthma symptoms and sore throats.
Honey for Asthma:
Following are some remedies with honey for treating asthma:
Honey and Gourd Root for Asthma:
- Take a bitter root of gourd plant and mash it into a thick paste.
- Mix 1 tablespoon each of honey and paste.
- Eat this mixture every day before going to bed. This remedy should be followed for a month for understanding the efficiency of this remedy.
Honey and Cinnamon for Asthma:
- Mix 1 tablespoon of honey and half a tablespoon of powdered cinnamon seeds.
- Take this mixture in the morning with an empty stomach and before going to sleep during the nights.
Water and Honey for Asthma:
- Boil half a liter of water either on the stove or by microwave. This must be hot but not boiling.
- Add 1 tablespoon of honey to the boiling water and stir well.
- During nights, drink small and slow sips for increasing the effectiveness of the remedy.
Fenugreek Seeds and Honey for Asthma:
- Add 1 tablespoon of fenugreek seeds to a cup of water and let it soak overnight.
- Add a tablespoon each of of honey and ginger juice.
- Consume this mixture. One can obtain best results by drinking this mixture twice in the morning and once during the night.
Indian Gooseberry and Honey for Asthma:
- Prepare paste from 5 grams of Indian gooseberry and add a tablespoon of honey.
- For relieving cough and clearing throat mucus and lungs, drink this mixture.
Horseradish, Garlic and Honey for Asthma:
- Mix 7 tablespoons each of horseradish sauce and crushed garlic.
- Add 10 tablespoons of butter to it.
- Also add 2 Â½ cups of honey and mix well.
- This mixture should be heated until the honey gets dissolved.
- Cover tightly and store in a dark and cool place.
- Take a tablespoon of this mixture 1 hour prior to having meals.
- This should be followed about 2 months.
- For a month stop taking this remedy for gauging its effectiveness.