Cure Insomnia Naturally
Insomnia may take the form of not being able to fall asleep when one gets into the bed first or waking up at night and being unable to sleep again. This condition is due to several causes such as depression, grief, stress, physical pain, medications and other factors. Approximately 15 – 17 % of the population suffers from insomnia at any given time.
How to Cure Insomnia Naturally?
Many people may easily accustom to short sessions of sleep deprivation, yet after a few days, sleeplessness may have serious complications. People suffering from insomnia may advise you that several sleepless nights may cause a severe downfall in the performance of daily activity and also causes change in personality. There are several medications for insomnia available in the market, however most people do not opt for these medications as they have several side effects.
For people who choose a natural way to cure insomnia, the following lines give some natural remedies which can help you to sleep during nights.
- Take magnesium and calcium supplements. These aid you to rest better. If you suffer from deficiency of these nutrients, you can suffer from sleepless nights. Melatonin may also be taken because it is a natural hormone which assists in promoting sound sleep. A few herbal supplements may also help in curing insomnia.
- Valerian, skullcap, California poppy, passion flower, kava kava and hops may be taken in the form of capsule or extract. It is good to rotate among these herbs and you must not take any one herb for a long period. If you prefer to take these herbs in the form of tea, some are available in tea form too. Another popular herbal remedy which has very mild sedative properties is chamomile. This relaxes you very well.
- Several other things may also help in combating insomnia. Quit smoking if you are a smoker. Whilst, many people think that smoking has a calming effect, actually nicotine is a neuro-stimulant which results in sleep problems. Consuming many caffeinated beverages also leads to sleeplessness. Try to drink caffeine free drinks.
- Exercising early in the evening or late in the afternoon may enhance the quality of sleep, however one should not exercise before going to bed. Setting a few bedtime habits and following them continuously may cure insomnia and develop a regular and a healthy sleep cycle. A few habits include sleeping only when one is sleepy and also not staying in bed if one isn’t sleepy.
- One can also set an alarm clock and ensure that you wake up at the same time daily regardless at what time one slept. This assists the body is establishing normal sleep patterns. Most physicians suggest to use the bedroom for sex and sleep. Other activities such as reading, eating or watching T.V. must be done in other rooms.
A few changes in lifestyle may make you sleep like a baby.