Health Benefits of Fish Oil
The omega-3 fatty acids are called polyunsaturated fatty acids. One’s body cannot create these fatty acids, that are required for the health. These fatty acids are found only in some fishes like halibut, tuna and salmon. This is also available in sea algae, krill and some marine plants. Hence, consumption of fish oil either by eating these supplements or fishes is must, but some studies showed that certain side effects are associated with intake of fish oil, from fish oil supplements or fishes. Read the following lines about the side effects and benefits of fish oil.
Health Benefits of Fish Oil:
- There are several fish oil benefits for the skin. As fish oil reduces wrinkles and keeps the skin young, by improving the elastin and collagen production.
- The omega-3 fatty acids has Eicosapentaenoic Acid (EPA), essential nutrients and Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA). These boost the brain that results in improved memory, better concentration and better creativity.
- Fish oil prevents depression. Deficiency of DHA and EPA results in mental disorders such as Parkinson’s disease, Alzheimer’s disease, multiple sclerosis and schizophrenia.
- According to the studies, fish oil supplements provide several health benefits to the women when they are pregnant and also the fetus. Consumption of fish oil reduces the possibilities of premature delivery as well as promotes the fetal development.
- Omega-3 oil enhances the production of serotin. Serotin makes people happy as well as you can deal effectively with the emotional matters.
- Patients suffering from inflammatory conditions such as arthritis, cystitis, gastritis, etc., benefit from the consumption of fish oil because it relieves the pain associated with inflammation.
- Other health benefits include lowers cholesterol levels and blood pressure, and reduces the risk of breast cancer. It also reduces the risk of heart attacks and helps in weight loss.