Natural Remedies for Hiatal Hernias
Hiatal hernia develops when the stomach pushes itself into the esophagus and allows stomach acids to flow backward into the esophagus. This would result in acid reflux, chest pain or heart burn. It can affect both men and women causing severe discomfort while sleeping, eating, etc. Difficulty in swallowing and burning in the chest are the symptoms accompanying these hernias. Natural remedies for hiatal hernias are the best ways to treat them.
Treating Hiatal Hernias Naturally
Here are some natural remedies mentioned that are very effective in treating hiatal hernias:
- Evening primrose oil is the best remedy for hernias. It comprises of essential fatty acids that help in digestion process and reduce the inflammation in the stomach and esophagus. It can be taken in capsule form in your diet.
- Aloe vera is very beneficial in treating gastrointestinal disorders. It also helps in digestion process. Consume aloe vera juice before every meal and it effectively treats hernias.
- Herbs such as fennel seeds, licorice root, black walnut, sheep sorrel and slippery elm are very good natural remedies for hiatal hernias as they aid digestion. The powder form of these herbs can be mixed in fresh ginger tea or water and consumed. They can also be taken in capsule form.
- Calcium phosphorica is another natural remedy for hiatal hernias. It relieves the pain and discomfort in the chest and reduces the discomfort associated with sleeping and eating. It promotes healthy cellular production in the digestive tract.
- Do a lot of abdominal and chest exercises. If your muscles are flexible and strong, hernias get cured easily and no more hernias recur.
- Massage therapy is another effective way in treating hiatal hernias. Massaging improves the flow of blood in the abdominal and chest regions. Thus, the therapy helps in curing the hernias.