How to Make Natural Hand Sanitizer?
Frequent hand washing is the best way to stay yourself microbe-free. But many conventional hand sanitizers use alcohol as a main ingredient and often use of such sanitizers cause microbes to become resistant to it. Even the chemicals used in them may be harmful and not good for the skin. Thus, natural sanitizers are the best as they can be prepared very well at home. Moreover, they cause no allergies and do not cause any nasal irritations.
Here is a natural hand sanitizer recipe mentioned:
- Aloe vera gel – 1 cup
- Alcohol or witch hazel – 1 – 4 teaspoons
- Essential oils like grape fruit, lemon grass, orange, tea tree or lavender – 10 – 12 drops
- Glycerine – 1 teaspoon
- Distilled water
- Glass bowl
- Plastic spoon
- Clean spray bottles – few
- Pour aloe vera gel into a glass bowl. Add alcohol, grape fruit seed extract. Glycerin to it. You can add other essential oils of your desire for different fragrances.
- Mix all the ingredients gently with a spoon. Add peppermint oil as it gives crisp and clean smell to the sanitizer. For a different smell, you can substitute this oil with a different essential oil.
- Gently add the water into the mixture until its turns into a desired thick solution.
- Pour this natural prepared hand mixture into the clean spray bottles and use it as a hand sanitizer.
Some other Hand Sanitizer Recipes:
- Pour 2/3rds of distilled water into glass or plastic containers. Add 1 tbsp aloe vera gel, 3 drops of each rosemary, cinnamon, eucalyptus, lemon and clove bud essential oils to the water. Gently shake the glass container to evenly distribute all the ingredients. Transfer the mixture into spray or squeeze bottles and use it as a hand sanitizer. This is very effective in preventing bacteria and viruses.
- Combine Â½ cup aloe vera gel with 2/3 cup alcohol extract and 2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar. Add 20 drops of each lavender oil, lemon oil, tea tree oil, grapefruit seed extract oil and rosemary oil. Mix all these ingredients thoroughly and pour into a small squeeze bottles.