How to Get Rid of Ants Naturally?
Red ants, black ants, fire ants can be found everywhere at home and garden. They are generally found during summers. Knowing the type of ant and the way to deal with it wards off the ants. Knowing the correct way to get rid of them can be helpful. Of course the first line of defence is to maintain clean environment, no food and to stop the places of entry. Natural ways are the best choices to get rid of ants.
Following are the ways to get rid of ants naturally:
- Put some cucumber slices or peels at the points or places where ants enter. Bitter cucumbers work best in getting rid of ants.
- See for the area where ants travel from their point of entry. Put some items like citrus oil, cayenne pepper, coffee grounds, cinnamon or lemon juice soaked in a piece of cloth or paper at that particular place.
- Keep a few bags of mint tea in the places where ants actively move around. Even crushed and dry mint leaves or cloves work to get rid of ants.
- Mix a Â½ teaspoon of each aspartame, borax and honey in small bottles. Place these bottles with their lids open in the areas where ants move actively.
- Coffee grounds and acidic natural products can also be kept in the areas where ants move actively.
- Cloves of garlic can be placed or slipped out in between the cracks where ants live.
- Liquid peppermint soap can be made dilute with water and kept in a bottle. Spraying the liquid prevents or stops the ants from moving.
- Pouring lemon juice around the places where ants move frequently helps to get rid of them.
- Spray peppermint oil in the places where ants move.
- A blend of orange peel and water can be applied in the area of ants.
- Pouring a solid line of baking soda in the ant active regions help.