How to make Natural Hair Dyes?
Natural hair dyes may be bought or prepared at home. They are safer to the chemical hair dyes as chemical hair dyes contain toxic substances that may cause damage to your hair and even harms the overall health. Natural hair dyes can be prepared very easily at home. A few natural hair dye recipes are mentioned below.
Rosemary Sage Natural Hair Dye (For Brown Hair and Gray Hair)
- Take 2 cups of water in a container. Add Â½ cup of rosemary and Â½ cup of sage to the water. Put the container on a low-flame for 10 minutes. Remove the flame and allow the herbs to soak in the warm water for 1 hour. Strain the mixture.
- Apply this mixture uniformly to your hair. Also use the strained liquid to massage the hair roots. Keep it for 45 – 60 minutes. Wash the hair with water.
- Repeat the process twice a week for one month. Continue applying it once in a week for the following month. This treatment promotes hair growth and also fights dandruff. This natural dye is effective in giving brown shade to your hair.
Henna Natural Hair Dye (For Brown Hair, Black Hair and Red Hair)
- Take 2 cups of boiled water in an iron or copper vessel. Add 3 – 4 tsp of dried henna powder and mix it thoroughly. Leave it overnight.
- Next morning, add juice of 1 lemon, Â½ cup yogurt and 2 tsp honey to the mixture. You can also add egg and this is optional.
- Apply this dye to the hair and cover the hair with a shower cap.keep it for 2 hours and rinse your hair with a mild shampoo.
- Repeat the process every week for the first month. This gives a good, red coloration to the hair. After a month, continue the process once in 15 days. This natural hair dye nourishes and conditions your hair and also helps fight dandruff.
For a darker shade –
Use 4 tsp of tea leaves in the boiled water instead of plain water. Keep the tea leaves for 30 minutes and strain the mixture. Warm the mixture and then add henna to the solution. Even add 1 tsp of coffee to the solution.
For a lighter red coloration –
Soak henna in a glass vessel instead of a copper or iron vessel. Avoid coffee as well.
Chamomile Highlighter (For Lighter Shades of Dark Hair and Blonde Hair)
- Soak 6 – 8 chamomile tea bags in 1 Â½ cup of boiling water. Leave the bags for Â½ an hour and remove the bags.
- Add Â¾ cup of plain yogurt and 8 drops of lavender oil to the chamomile tea. Mix all the contents well and apply the mixture evenly on the hair. Keep it for 45 minutes.
- Wash your hair with a mild shampoo and then condition your hair.
- Repeat the process once in a week. This natural dye promotes hair growth and also brightens the hair.