Benefits Of Burdock
Burdock root is a purifying biennial herb found in the countries of the United States, Europe and China. The generic name of this plant is Articum lappa that has got many medicinal properties. The
benefits of burdock
are many discussed in the below article. It benefits different body systems including circulatory, digestive, reproductive, respiratory, immune and glandular systems. It has many medicinal properties and used in herbal medicines.
Enlisted below are the benefits of Burdock
- Burdock has got
and is very effective in treating sterility and impotence.
- The seed of burdock possess volatile oils that act as
. It helps in eliminating the toxins from the body by inducing more sweat.
- It has got high mineral content and is a very
good source of iron
, thus helping in hemoglobin synthesis.
- Herbal practitioners use this herb in
treating health issues like flu, gallstones and liver problems
. Burdock support the kidneys in filtering the acids from the bloodstream.
- It is a very good source of essential oils and has got
- Burdock root is an important
source of carbohydrate insulin.
- It helps in eliminating the dangerous toxins from the body and is called a
natural blood purifier
- It is a
and is considered to be the safe herb to treat water retention in the body. It helps in promoting sweating and
- In the past, herbalists used this herb in
treating snake bites
- Burdock provides a
soothing effect for hemorrhoids
- It is used externally to
treat skin problems
like psoriasis, eczema and canker sores too.
- Burdock extract has been used since past in Europe for
healthy hair growth
. It effectively treats dandruff and improves the hair condition. Massaging the scalp with burdock root oil provides benefits for hair.
- It is a
and helps eliminate uric acid from the body.