Burdock Root For Acne Treatment
Acne is a skin condition caused due to excess sebum secretion from the sebaceous glands. Hormonal changes and heredity can also be other causes of acne. Natural cures are the best way to treat acne and among them burdock is one of the good natural remedies.
Burdock root for acne treatment
is very effective and has been used since ages.
Burdock Root Benefits for Acne
Burdock root has many medicinal uses and is used as a herbal remedy for many health disorders. It is very effective in treating acne.
Burdock root contains many ingredients including calcium, arcigen, flavonoids, chlorogenic acid, iron, inulin, polyacetylenes, lactone, potassium, mucilage, taraxosterol, resin and tannin. The presence of all these components in its root gives it the properties to eliminate the toxins from the blood when consumed regularly. When all the toxins are removed from the body, there is only a little chance of problems affecting the skin. Skin problems such as acne, eczema, pimples, etc can be effectively controlled and prevented.
External application of burdock root on the affected skin treats diseases such as acne, eczema, psoriasis, etc. Many ointments use burdock root as the main ingredient.
Using Burdock Root for Acne Treatment
Burdock root can be used both internally and externally for treating acne.
Tea prepared from burdock root can be taken internally. For this, you need 4 teaspoons of dried burdock root and water. Tea prepared from these should be taken 3 – 4 times a day to heal acne. The recipe for preparing tea is as follows:
- Take 4 cups of water in a bowl and boil it.
- Add 4 teaspoons of dried burdock root to the boiling water and leave it on a low flame for about 10 minutes.
- Drink 1 cup of hot tea and keep the rest of the tea aside. Before consuming it again, heat the tea and drink it hot.
External application of the burdock root on the acne affected skin area also heals the infection. A recipe of external mask preparation is as follows:
- Add 1 tsp of dried burdock root in a cup of water and boil it.
- Allow the mixture to cool.
- Now add 1 tbsp tomato pulp, 2 tsp lemon juice and 1 tbsp oatmeal to the mixture and mix the whole properly.
- Apply this mask on the acne affected skin and on regular application, acne is completely cured.
A healthy diet, intake of excess fluids and exercises should also be maintained and practiced along with burdock root for acne treatment. These help in curing and preventing the acne. Before using this remedy, make sure your skin shows no allergic responses to burdock root.