Health Benefits Of Salmon
Salmon is one of the important fish species that provides many health benefits. It is found in both sea water and fresh waters according to its development stages. The
health benefits of salmon
fish are many due to its immeasurable source of digestible proteins, minerals, vitamins and fatty acids. Salmon fish provides innumerable benefits for body metabolism, eye care, tissue and muscle development and cardiac health.
The health benefits of salmon include:
- The omega-3 fatty acids and essential amino acids present in salmon provide many health benefits. They help reduce the bad cholesterol levels, enhances the flexibility of veins and arteries, strengthens cardiac muscles and also repairs the damaged heart tissues.
- They prevent hardening of veins and arteries thus, helping in reducing the high blood pressure levels. Therefore, salmon improves the cardio-vascular health.
Salmon fish helps in preventing the eye fatigue, loss of vision, dryness and macular degeneration. It is very evident fact that people who eat fish in excess have a very good vision that the people who do not eat.
Salmon contains selenium, vitamin D and omega-3 fatty acids that together are effective in maintaining high metabolic activity of the body. They increase the insulin effect on sugar absorption and thus control the blood sugar levels.
Nerves and Brain
- The omega-3 fatty acids in salmon improve the brain efficiency and therefore increase memory power. The selenium, vitamins A,D and amino acids present in salmon along with the fatty acids act as anti depressant, thereby relaxing the brain and protecting the nervous system from aging.
- This is a very good remedy for Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s diseases. Even it is is proved that people who eat fish in excess are more intelligent than the ones who do not eat.
Other Health Benefits of Salmon
- Improves the skin and hair texture and adds shine to nails and eyes.
- Reduces the inflammation of digestive tract and arteries .
- Decreases the risk of kidney, prostrate and colon cancers.