Health Benefits Of Acerola Fruit
The acerola trees abundantly found in the southern areas of West Indies, South America, Mexico and the United States, has a bright red colored berry fruits that produce many health benefits. The wide
health benefits of acerola fruit
are due to the high nutrient content and its potential to fight against illnesses. Acerola is not only marketed for its fruit, but it is also used as an ingredient in cosmetic products due to its natural anti-aging property.
Following are the health benefits of eating acerola fruit:
- Acerola is the
richest source of vitamin C
that helps in fighting against the infections, boosts the immune system, prevents blood clot formation, repairs damaged skin tissues and reduces the risk of degenerative diseases, heart diseases and cancers. The fruit is considered to be the second richest source of vitamin C.
- The minerals such as calcium, potassium, phosphorus, iron, manganese, magnesium and zinc found in acerola fruit
improves the metabolism
in the body.
- The copper content in the fruit
aids in iron absorption
by the body.
- Acerola fruit is very low in fats, calories and sodium content and moreover does not contain any cholesterol. Thus, this is a
right fruit for health conscious people
- The juice made from acerola fruit is a
that acts on inorganic calcium deposits that will help in maintaining the elasticity of the body and thus hardens arteries.
- The dietary fiber present in acerola fruit provides roughage to intestines and thus, gives quick
relief from constipation.
- The fruit is a good
and is considered to produce anti-fungal and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Acerola is also a
good source of vitamin A and beta-carotene
that helps in improving eyesight and combats against acne. It also gives glow to the skin.
Nutritional Value Of Acerola
Following are the nutritional values present in
100 gms of Acerola fruit:
- Total carbohydrates – 6 g
- Dietary fiber – 1 g
- Total calories – 32 Kcal
- Total fat – 0.3 mg
- Saturated fat – 0.068 mg
- Monounsaturated fat – 0.082 mg
- Polyunsaturated fat – 0.09 mg
- Vitamin A – 38 mcg
- Vitamin B1 – 0.02 mg
- Vitamin B2 – 0.06 mg
- Vitamin B3 – 0.4 mg
- Vitamin B5 – 0.309 mcg
- Vitamin B6 – 0.009 mg
- Vitamin B9 – 14 mcg
- Vitamin C – 1667.6 mg
- Iron – 0.2 mg
- Calcium – 12 mg
- Phosphorus – 11 mg
- Magnesium – 18 mg
- Zinc – 0.1 mg
- Potassium – 146 mg
- Selenium – 0.6 mcg
- Copper – 0.086 mg