How To Use Peppermint Oil Aromatherapy For Nausea And Vomiting
Nausea and vomiting may develop due to many reasons like illnesses, pregnancy and as a consequence of certain treatments. Nausea condition may be overwhelming, but there are certain ways to resist this feeling.
Peppermint oil aromatherapy for nausea and vomiting
is one of the natural treatment method.
Peppermint oil acts as a anesthetic on the stomach walls to lessen the nauseated feeling. It also heals the inflamed tissues and eases muscle spasms.
Peppermint Oil Aromatherapy
Get some peppermint oil preferably pure peppermint oil. You can use it in many ways for getting relief against nausea and vomiting. Here are some of the ways mentioned that may help relieve from nausea and vomiting.
- Add a few drops of peppermint oil in a diffuser and switch on the diffuser. The oil is warmed and the aroma of peppermint is released into the air. Breathe in the aroma as the vapours come out.
- Add about 10 drops of peppermint oil into the warm bath water. Take a bath with this warm water. While taking the bath, breathe in the aroma of peppermint oil for a soothing effect.
- Take a handkerchief and put about 3 – 4 drops of peppermint oil. Put the handkerchief onto the face and breathe thev aroma of the oil.
- Mix equal amounts of peppermint oil and extra virgin olive oil. Take some of this mixture and massage on the temple region to get instant relief from headache that may occur as a result of nausea.
Things to Consider
- Make sure you buy only pure essential peppermint oil and not the oil used for cooking purpose.
- Consult your physician before using peppermint oil for aromatherapy, especially in case of pregnancy.
- Store the peppermint essential oil in a coo and dark place.
- For topical application, you should add base oil such as extra virgin olive oil to the essential oil and use it.
- Be careful while handling the essential oil and don’t even ingest it accidentally.