Health Benefits of Pinto Beans
Pinto beans belong to the same group of other beans like black beans, navy beans and kidney beans. They are called mottled beans and scientifically known as Phaseolus vulgaris. Pinto beans were earlier cultivated only in Peru and are later spread throughout the Central and South American states. Since they are rich in nutrient sources of fiber, proteins, vitamins, iron and many other minerals, the
health benefits of pinto beans
The following article brings out the wonderful health benefits of pinto beans.
- Pinto beans, like any other beans have high amounts of fibers that help lower cholesterol levels.
- The rich fiber content helps in maintaining the blood sugar levels from rising high after taking meals. This is the reason they are proved to be excellent food for diabetics.
- They consistently slow the burning energy process in the body by stabilizing the blood sugar levels.
- The fibers form a gel like substance in the digestive tract that helps remove excess biles from the body.
- Pinto beans are rich in essential minerals like folate, molybdenum, vitamin B1, manganese, magnesium, iron, copper, phosphorous and potassium which provide many health benefits.
- The insoluble fibers present in pinto beans treats digestive disorders like bulk stools, constipation, diverticulosis and irritable bowel syndrome.
- Pinto beans are rich in folate, fiber, potassium and magnesium nutrients which play a prominent role in preventing heart disorders.
- They are very good for people with sulfite sensitivity. People sensitive to sulfites present in preservative foods can experience symptoms like headaches, rapid heartbeats and disorientations. The molybdenum in pinto beans helps in detoxifying the sulfites.
- They contain rich amounts of iron and therefore good for pregnant women, lactating women, menstruating women, growing adolescents and children.
- In comparison to red meat for iron source, pinto beans are best to take as they are fat-free.
- The iron and copper content in pinto beans help in hemoglobin synthesis and thus, it is very good for anemic people.