Benefits Of Mangosteen Fruit
Mangosteen is an important tropical fruit that can grow only in hot and humid climates. The
benefits of mangosteen fruit
are of wide range and the fruit is considered as â€œthe Queen of fruitsâ€. This is mostly cultivated in southeast Asian countries like Thailand, Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia and Vietnam, Africa and Pacific islands. Mangosteen fruit is round in shape with dark purple rind and soft white flesh. It has got a number of medicinal properties and this is the reason mangosteen offers many health benefits.
Benefits of Mangosteen Fruit
- Mangosteen fruit has got high nutritional value and is also very delicious in taste.
- It is rich in carbohydrates, fibers, vitamins A, B2, B6 and C and minerals like potassium, calcium and iron.
- Mangosteen fruit is rich in antioxidant compounds called xanthones which are natural polyphenolic compounds like beta-mangostin, alpha-mangostin, garconone B and garconone E. These compounds help in eliminating the free radicals from the body and thus control their deteriorating effects.
- The antioxidants also control degenerative diseases like arthritis, boost immune system and slow the aging process.
- The mangosteen fruit is also effective in treating heart disorders like ischemic heart disease, atherosclerosis, hypertension and thrombosis.
- The fruit has also got antihistamine, anti-fatigue, antibacterial and anti-fungal properties.
- It is used to treat various allergies due to its anti-allergic properties.
- It can help relieve pain of peripheral neuropathy and sciatica due to its anti-inflammatory properties.
- It is also beneficial in treating and preventing disease conditions like cancer, diabetes, Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, heart disorders, migraine and some other conditions like inflammation, fever, depression and body pains.
- Mangosteen fruit provides many health benefits that include maintaining intestinal health, improving joint flexibility, supporting microbial balance, providing positive mental support and promoting healthy respiratory system.
- It also gives relief from digestive disorders like irritable bowel syndrome, diarrhea and cystitis.
- It is also used to treat skin disorders like skin rashes and eczema.
These are a few health benefits of mangosteen fruit that you may find helpful when suffering from any of these conditions.