Health Benefits of Cupuacu Fruit
Cupuacu fruit is a tropical tree related to cocoa family. It is a native of Amazon rain-forests and the
health benefits of cupuacu fruits
are interesting. The trees usually grow about 5 to 15 meters in height and have oblong shaped fruits which are melon sized. Cupuacu fruit has white pulp with a creamy flavor. The beans act as a good substitutes for cocoa as they contain the same antioxidant properties.
Listed below are the various health benefits of cupuacu fruit:
- Since the cupuacu fruit has the similar taste of cocoa, it is used in making jellies, jams and breads.
- This fruit is rich in antioxidants and is mostly considered as breakfast among South Americans.
- Cupuacu fruit is widely used by the South American women especially the Brazilian women as this helps treat labor pains and abdominal discomforts.
- The medicinal benefits of cupuacu and acai berry fruits are similar and therefore helps keep immune system healthy and strong.
- Cupuacu fruit is a rich source of vitamins A, B1, B2, B3, and C. The fruit is also good for bones, tendons and ligaments because of its high amino acids, selenium and calcium content.
- This fruit contains a compound called phytonutrient polyphenols that is not found in any other fruit. This compound is very good for treating respiratory problems.
- It contains no caffeine and therefore keeps the body hydrated always.
- The important health benefit of cupuacu fruit is that it fights against free radicals that the the causes for cancers and certain life threatening disorders.
- Cupuacu fruit act as a natural medicine for treating erectile dysfunctioning.
- It helps maintain cholesterol levels normal and prevents cardiovascular disorders.
- This fruit is good for children who are choosy eaters. It can be given to them in the form of ice cream, powder, juice or yogurt.
- Cupuacu fruit is also great for children as it enhances the memory power. It is also good for women as it has the property of improving the health of the skin and even treats acne.