Health Benefits of Sapodilla Fruit
Sapodilla is a hardy tree that grows only in tropical regions. It is found in almost many tropical regions including Philippines, Indian and Malaysian countries. The amazing
health benefits of sapodilla fruit
are contributed by its rich calcium, iron and fiber content. This is a very delicious fruit with sweet taste. The delicacy can be enjoyed when eaten ripe.
Listed below are the health benefits of sapodilla fruit:
- Sapodilla is high in fiber content and therefore acts as a good laxative. It heals constipation and also prevents any form of cancers caused by toxins in the colon region.
- The fruit contains high amounts of tannin, a antioxidant and poly-phenolic compound. Tannins are known to have anti-parasitic, anti-bacterial, antiviral and anti-inflammatory properties. These properties make sapodilla a good remedy for hemorrhoids and diarrhea.
- The anti-inflammatory property of tannin present in sapodilla is helpful in treating irritating bowel disorders, enteritis, reflux-esophagitis and erosive gastritis.
- Sapodilla possess good amounts of vitamins A and C. Vitamin A helps improve vision and is also good for maintaining healthy skin and mucus membranes. It also prevents oral cavity and lung cancers. Vitamin C provides the resistance against harmful radical attacks and infections.
- Ripe sapodilla fruits are rich in minerals like iron, copper, potassium and vitamins like pantothenic acid, niacin and folate. These components are good for maintaining optimal health of a person and enhance metabolic processes.
- A decoction made from boiling young fruits acts as a purgative and is taken to prevent diarrhea.
- Liquid extracted from seeds is used to treat bladder and kidney stones. It is an effective diuretic.
- A decoction made from yellowed leaves is a good remedy for diarrhea, cold and coughs.
- A infusion prepared from flowers and young fruits is very effective in treating pulmonary problems.
- Make a paste of seeds and this can be used to treat venomous bites and stings.
- The latex can be used to fill the tooth cavities.
- Sapodilla seeds extract acts as an effective sedative.