Health Benefits of Dragon Fruit
Dragon fruit, originally called pitaya is a very beautiful fruit with intense color and shape and amazing flowers. It is also called by many names like
Moonflower, Lady of the Night and Queen of the Night
as it blooms at nights. The wonderful
health benefits of dragon fruits
are discussed in the below article. The fruit is usually red in colour and may also range from pink to yellow colors. The rind is thin with green scales and has a white or red sweet tasty pulp inside.
Dragon fruit is native of Central and South America, but is even grown in Asian countries that include Vietnam, Taiwan, Philippines, Thailand, Malaysia and Sri Lanka. The several
health benefits of dragon fruit
are as follows.
Listed below are the health benefits of dragon fruit:
- Dragon fruit is a rich source of antioxidants and therefore is effective in preventing free radical attack that can cause health ailments and cancers.
- It helps neutralize toxins such as heavy metals as they cause deteriorating effects on the body.
- Regular consumption of dragon fruit helps in reducing the high blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
- It is high in vitamin C content that helps to heal bruises and cuts and therefore improves the immune system of the body.
- Dragon fruit is effective in fighting against cough and asthma.
- The vitamin B1 content in the dragon fruit is beneficial for carbohydrate metabolism and energy production.
- The vitamin B2 content acts as a natural multivitamin that helps improve appetite.
- Dragon fruit is also effective in improving eyesight and prevents hypertension.
- It is also beneficial in enhancing the skin appearance by making it smooth and moisturized.
- Regular consumption of dragon fruit helps reduce weight and improves the overall health of the person.
- The rich amounts of phosphorus and calcium present in dragon fruit helps form tissues, bones and teeth.