Natural Ways to Quit Smoking
To quit smoking is a great challenge. It will be very hard for a smoker to quit smoking as the body gets addicted to nicotine component and develops a dependency on it. The
natural ways to quit smoking
can help very effectively. In spite of knowing its serious consequences, smokers find very difficult to avoid it. But a suitable solution needs to be found.
Following are some of the
natural ways to quit smoking.
Read on to know the ways…
Natural Herbs to Quit Smoking
Herbs not only help in medicinal purposes, cooking and as flavoring agents, but also help in quitting smoking. Here are some of the herbs that help to quit smoking:
This herb has got the property to reduce nicotine addiction. Dried herbs and liquefied extracts of Lobelia help. Lobeline is a substance present in lobelia which is a substitute for nicotine and has got the same relaxing nature as nicotine. It should be taken in moderation as excess amounts can cause toxicity.
Avena Sativa –
This is a wild oat plant which is very beneficial in helping smokers to get rid of nicotine addiction. It also helps in treating insomnia, nervousness and anxiety feelings.
Garcinia Cambogia –
This herb is also very beneficial in suppressing the natural desire of smoking that is often developed in smokers. Smoking also results in weight gain. This herb contains hydroxycitric acid, that burns off the extra calories leading to reduction in weight.
Centella asiatica (Gotu Kola) –
Smoking can also result in memory loss. However, gotu kola helps in improving the memory lost by smoking. It even improves the blood circulation throughout the body, therefore helping in controlling the effects caused by smoking.
Korean Ginseng –
This is also one of the effective herbs to quit smoking. It acts as a natural stress buster by providing relief to the smoker in absence of nicotine when he stops smoking. It even helps to fight against anxiety and fatigue.
– This is also one of the best herbs that offers peace of mind. When you quit smoking, you may suffer from headache and anxiety. This herb helps in avoiding these symptoms and provides relief from these side effects. This is also a non-addictive herb.
Some Other Natural Herbs To Quit Smoking
People who are worried about â€œHow to quit smokingâ€ can now be relieved with the fact that consuming herbs can help to quit smoking and moreover they provide medicinal benefits.
- Herbs such as Burdock root and Red Clover are very beneficial in cleaning the bloodstream from toxic substances and chemicals.
- Caosu herb is also very effective herb to quit smoking.
- Some other herbs that are also widely used to quit smoking are Parrot’s beak, Valerian, Oak, Willow, Catnip, Oregon Grape Root, Goldenseal and St. John’s Wort.
Other Natural Ways To Quit Smoking
Apart from natural herbs, there are also other ways that help in quitting smoking.
- Hypnosis and Acupuncture are very effective ways to quit smoking.
- Taking deep breaths can also repress the longing to smoke.
- Also avoid the intake of coffee and alcohol as they develop a longing to smoke.
- Performing regular exercises also paves a way to healthy and happy life.
- Certain hobbies, sports and meditation help you to quit smoking and moreover provide relaxation to the mind.
These are the best
natural ways to quit smoking.
Though quitting smoking can be difficult, but it is very much possible. You need to make consistent efforts and a lot of will power is required. If you feel that you cannot handle this situation all alone, then it is better take suggestions and advices from family members and friends. Lead a long healthy life by quitting smoking.