Natural Face Masks
Face masks that have natural ingredients are very beneficial for the skin. You can feel a difference in your skin on their application. Read on to know the various
natural face masks
that can be easily prepared at home.
It will be very relaxing when you apply face mask and close your eyes for a certain time. You will get an immense radiance and glow on your skin as soon after you wash your face. Before applying any kind of face mask, you need to know your skin type.
Natural face masks
are the best remedies for skin conditions as they are pure with no chemicals. They can be made with fresh fruits, vegetables, grains, etc, i.e all natural products. They cause no damage to the skin and provide complete skin care.
Natural Face Masks for Oily Skin
Overproduction of sebum, sweat and oil in the skin gives it an oily texture. Therefore, natural face masks for this type of skin should contain natural products that have the ability to control the oil and retain natural appearance of the skin.
Clay and Banana Pack
– You can take 2 teaspoons of either mineral clay, white clay or green clay. Mash a ripe banana and mix it with honey, clay and rose water. Mix well and you can adjust its consistency with rose water. Apply this paste all over the face and neck in circular motion. Leave it to dry for about 10 – 15 minutes and then, wash with cold water.
Apple and Honey Pack
– Cut small pieces of an apple and blend it. Add a teaspoon of honey and mix well. This face mask works well for highly oily skin and gives a natural radiance to the skin.
Lemon and Flour Pack
– Take equal amounts of natural yogurt and flour. Mix them well and assa one teaspoon of lemon juice. Apply this paste all over the face and neck. Leave it for about 15 minutes and wash with cold water.
Natural Face Masks for Dry Skin
Skin becomes dry as a result of dehydration and due to lack of moisture. Therefore, moisturizing is required to keep the skin appear soft and supple. Ingredients such as essential oils and moisturizing products are required to prepare the face masks. They help in overcoming the extreme dryness.
Almond and Avocado Pack
– Take 4 almonds and make a paste of them along with avocado flesh. Add few drops of coconut oil and make a smooth paste of it. Massage this on to the face and leave the pack for sometime. After drying, wash your face with lukewarm water.
Mint and Yogurt Pack
– Take 1 teaspoon of yogurt and 1 teaspoon of mint powder and mix well. Add a few drops of rosemary oil or chamomile oil and make a smooth paste of it. Apply it to the face and neck and massage the face with vitamin E oil. Rinse your face with lukewarm water.
Honey and Avocado Pack
– Mix 3 teaspoons of avocado flesh with 3 teaspoons of honey. Add an egg white and make a thick paste of it. Apply to the face and neck evenly and leave it for sometime to dry. Once dried, wash the face with cold water and spatter some cold milk on your face.
Natural Face Masks for Sensitive Skin
You need to be very careful while selecting natural ingredients for sensitive skin. Sensitive skin is very much prone to pimples, acne, itching, rashes, etc. Therefore, selecting ingredients should not create such risks. Here are some face masks helpful for sensitive skin:
Cucumber and Egg White Pack
– Make a fine paste of 3 teaspoons of cucumber juice with one egg white. Apply this pack all over the face and neck and allow it to dry. Wash your face with lukewarm water and this is a excellent mask as cucumber provides soothing effect to the sensitive skin.
Turmeric and Jojoba Pack
– Turmeric is an effective antiseptic that has been used since ages. Make turmeric paste and add olive oil or jojoba oil to it. Mix well and apply the paste all over the face and neck. Allow it to dry and wash your face with cold water.
Sandalwood and Rose Water Pack
– Take 2 teaspoons of sandalwood powder and add rose water to it. Mix well and even add rose oil for moisturizing effect. You can even crush few rose petals and add it to the paste. Apply this pack to the face and leave for about 15 – 20 minutes. Wash your face with cool water.
Some more tips on natural face masks:
For oily and acne-prone skin
– The best ingredient is egg white as it hold the skin firmly and tightens the pores. Other natural ingredients include citrus fruits, cucumber, tomatoes, apple cider vinegar, clay like green or kaolin clay, liquid milk, rose water, aloe vera, strawberries, banana, non flavoured yogurt and rose essential oil.
For dry skin
– The best natural ingredients are avocado, glycerine, apricot, peaches, olive oil, sweet almond oil, sunflower seed oil, oatmeal, coconut milk, honey. These all are well known to help in retaining the skin moisture.
For aging skin
– Tea with antioxidants or olive oil helps in reversing the aging. It prevents the harmful rays of sun that can cause wrinkles on the face.
For sunburned or irritated skin
– Apricot juice, cucumber or milk are the best natural ingredients. They help in providing cooling and soothing effect on the skin.
For normal skin
– Any essential oil can be suitable and effective.
For sensitive skin
– Ingredients like green tea, ginseng, oatmeal and natural yogurt works effectively.
These are the effective and the most beneficial
natural face masks
, and tips on natural ingredients to be used. They are simple to make and on applying regularly, you can feel the difference in your skin.