Health Benefits of Juniper Essential Oil
Juniper essential oil is a widely used oil in therapeutics. It has got a long history of healing qualities due to its amazing antiseptic, depurative, anti rheumatic, antispasmodic, diuretic, astringent properties. Juniper belongs to cupressaceous family and the oil can be extracted from the berries, needles and wood as well. The aroma is slightly wood-like scented. The amazing
health benefits of juniper essential oil
are discussed in the following article.
Listed below are the
health benefits of juniper essential oil:
– Juniper essential oil aids in protecting the wounds from being septic and also wards off tetanus infections. It is also effectively used to treat injuries sustained by mother and/or child during birth.
– Juniper oil promotes effective circulation and improves blood flow to all the body parts. It also aids in removing toxins and this property of it is effective in treating rheumatism, gout and arthritis. It also provides relief from swelling.
– Another beneficial property of juniper oil is its purifying nature. It purifies the blood from toxins like pollutants, heavy metals or uric acid. This action therefore helps in improving the circulatory system functioning.
– Juniper essential oil is effective in providing relaxation of muscles and gives a warming effect on application. This warmness therefore expands the blood vessels improving blood circulation.
– This property of juniper oil helps the body in improving the urge to urinate. This can therefore help the body in getting rid of excess waters, toxins and extra sodium levels.
– Juniper essential oil helps in toning up the muscles, skin, tissues and other systems as well.
The above given are the important
health benefits of juniper essential oil.
This oil is perfectly safe for using at home only when well diluted. It is not advisable to use during pregnancy as it can trigger labor.