Medical Benefits of Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera plant benefits are many. Switch on the TV and you will see an ad about a skin cream containing aloe extract. However, the benefits of Aloe Vera are not only limited to skin care. There are more than that! Aloe Vera has been used in medicines for over 3000 years in various parts of the world in different forms. Following are some
Aloe Vera plant benefits
and its applications.
Properties and benefits of Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera juice is found to have properties which aid digestion. Due to its
, the juice is used to help in treating digestive problems. It has also found its application in treating peptic ulcers, colitis, circulation, gallbladder, kidney and liver ailments.
- Aloe Vera has anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial properties due to numerous enzymes, natural sugars and amino acids . This gives it healing properties.
- Aloe Vera gel has properties which can protect skin from sunburn. It is also known to improve the effectiveness of sunscreen products.
- Aloe Vera is found to be effective in treating ailments ranging from constipation, kidney problems to asthma, bronchitis and gingivitis.
- Aloe Vera gel has the properties of
, burns, healing skin wounds and other injuries. Aloe gel may also relieve skin itching, puffiness of irritated skin and sooth cuts and insect bites.
- Anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties are found to be present in Aloe Vera.
- Aloe Vera has also found its application in treating chronic fatigue, lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, cancer, mental disorder and dysfunctions.
- Recently, the MPS molecule found in the Aloe Vera plant has found its use in providing adjunct therapy to HIV patients.
- The MPS molecule is found to have other benefits such as boosting
body immune system
, scavenge free radicals, shutting down blood supply to tumors.
- The MPS molecule can be used to promoted
reduction of blood sugar
in Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes patients.
- Aloe Vera regulates and accelerates body metabolism, frees the body from toxins and brings about a feeling of calmness
The list of
Aloe Vera plant benefits
are endless. New applications of this nature’s gift are being found everyday. No doubt the plant is favorite to the pharmaceutical and cosmetics industries. So, the next time you see an ad on TV or walk into your local drug store to buy a sunscreen lotion or an antiseptic cream, you know what ingredient to check out for. Also, ask your doctor for a prescription for internal consumption.